Curly Coated Retrievers - Moulting and temperament information needed General Chat

Discussion in 'Curly Coated Retriever' started by scorpio, Mar 19, 2009.

1. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree

Curly Coated Retrievers - Moulting and temperament information needed

A stunning breed...does anyone know whether they moult and what their temperaments are like?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris_Collins

Chris_Collins

Name:
    Chris Collins
    Yes I had a good look at these bad boys at crufts. Moulting doesnt seemt to be much of a problem - the shedded coat tends to collect into balls, which is good. That said its not half as much as you'd expect.

Temperament is not as devoted as a standard lab - bit more aloof.

I do have the 'official' guide somewhere in my bag of goodies..can copy and paste if you like?
  4. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Thanks for that Chris...I have admired the breed for years and would appreciate any info you have :)
  5. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    No i don't think they molt and all the ones i have met (which is only a handful) have been friendly, confident and enjoyed cuddles.

That's all the experience i can offer, sorry it's not much!

I think they look fab....first one i met was called Wiggy, which i think is a great name for a curly coat!
  6. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Thanks for that...I did think they would be scrumptious and I just love all gundog breeds for their temperaments...aww now I've gone all broody :)
  7. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I have heard they are absolutely off their heads...even by Flat Coat standards, that was from a couple of people who have met a few! ;)
  8. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Thanks Ailsa..having lived and loved Setters for so long I think they sound just up my street :lol:
  9. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Thats what I thought!!!!!!!!!! :)
  10. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have anymore info on these dogs?

I really like the look of them and have found a breeder in my area.