Dailymail vilifying Staffies again! Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Alphatest, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Dailymail vilifying Staffies again!

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
  4. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    aside from thw dumb picture and related comment, in itself, i cannot see a problem with the story.

*if* the facts are correct, it is what it is.
    no more no less than any other story being reported as occurred.

its on the BBC as well:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17475293

at least it wasnt a collie :mrgreen:
  5. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Poor policemen-that must have been very frightening for them. Horrible showing all the bloodstains. I hope they make a full recovery.
  6. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
    That dog actually looks like its sneezing rather than being vicious!
  7. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Agreed. Let's not forget that these men, who protect us from the scum of the earth were injured by this weapon (the dog). Yes the papers will jump on the 'all bull breeds are evil' bandwagon and that's sad, but what else can we expect from the gutter press?
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That is not the dog which was involved in the attack - that is a stock photo of a Staffie which the Daily Mail has used before as in this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-6-ear-bitten-Staffordshire-bull-terrier.html

and yet in that case it was said that the dog was thought to be a black and white bull terrier.
  9. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley

I actually looked at that photo and thought good looking dog and didn't think it looked remotely scarey.
    The story is what it is.
  10. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    It's no surprise coming from the Daily ( hate) Mail, they're an utter joke, if it's not Staffies it's illegal immigrants stealing "our" jobs or single mum's living in luxury paid for by the tax payer.
    Frankly I wouldn't wipe my, you know what, with the Hate Mail.
  11. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Dear me... do I have to spell everything out? :lol: I am not on about the story but the photo (that I copied and posted into the thread ;);)) and what that have put underneath it.

[Insert Staffy Photo here]
    VICIOUS: STAFFORSHIRE BULL TERRIERS ARE NOT BANNED BY THE DANGEROUS DOGS ACT
  12. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    I wonder if the Levenson enquiry wil get around to asking why papers like the Mail continualy use library photos to enhance their jaundiced view of the world, somehow I doubt it, and despite all the evidence being given I fear that the UK gutter press will continue to engage in phone tapping but they will just be more careful in future to see that they don't get caught.:twisted:
  13. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Totally agree!

Gutter press is such an apt name.
  14. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    The dog in the picture is a KC reg stafford. The picture was taken at an out door show and the dog was sneezing.

The media bought the picture from one of these agencies and the dogs owner has tried to no availe to stop them using this photo
  15. BeagleBella

BeagleBella New Member

Name:
    Carla
    I think its awful how they perceive these doggies :-(

It really makes you wonder too...the way the media goes on about these 'vicious' dogs, does it link to the reason why so many Staffies are in homes? Forgive me, I may be going on a tangent, so feel free to ignore this post, as it is more food for thought really.

Its awful, without this coming out the wrong way, any dog can be DA...so why are they picking on the staffies so much these days?!

I remember not long ago, the Alsations/GSD's were under attack.

Anything to make a headline hey.....
  16. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Disgusting behaviour by the press. Is it any wonder I no longer (or rarely) buy a newpaper?
  17. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Do you know the owner of the dog and who took the photo Chris?

I wonder if a decent newspaper like the Guardian might want to run a story:

DailyMail labels a dog pictured sneezing as 'vicious'.

:043:
  18. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Yes. I don't think any paper would run this kind of story as they most likely have used the picture themselves in the past. I am always posting on papers asking them why they show a picture of a sneezing dog a different colour to the dog that is supposed to have attacked and it usually gets deleted. This paper won't let you post comments for legal reasons.
    I am sure all the papers use archive pictures so they won't want to sling any mud incase it comes back.
  19. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam