dalmatians and horses Questions

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by Dalmatianchloe, May 20, 2015.

1. Dalmatianchloe

Dalmatianchloe New Member

Name:
    Sharon Townsend
    Azz likes this.

dalmatians and horses

My daughters Connemara pony Amalie and our Dalmatian Chloe are the best of friends and my daughter would love to take up an activity that her, Amalie and Chloe can take up together any of you other dally owners know an activity that involves horse and dog?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Dalmatians were bred to run along side the carriages so maybe some endurance riding?
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Only one I know of it hound & horse show jumping/agility class

Horse/rider jump fences then dog/owner does agility, think there minimum & maximum age limits.

Saw them once at the Derbyshire hound& horse show but that was way back in 1999
  5. Dalmatianchloe

Dalmatianchloe New Member

Name:
    Sharon Townsend
    I will look into both of these my daughter used to do endurance riding on my old thoroughbred mare so that could be an option and I will also look into the hound and horse thing and see if that's an option
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm sure I've seen Dallys in Carriage Turnout classes - and what could look smarter than a Connemara for this?
    Also, I have seen the competition that @6JRT's mentions on the TV. I think it was from the Olympia Christmas Horse Show. I would imagine that this would be a final, so there should be qualifiers held during the year.