Dalmation x Husky - What is this cross like? General Chat

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by doggy_wanted, Jan 5, 2010.

1. doggy_wanted

doggy_wanted New Member

Name:
    Sian

Dalmation x Husky - What is this cross like?

Hiya,
    I'm currently looking at getting a rescue dog, and I've come across a Dalmation x Husky.
    I've never seen this cross before, was just wondering if anyone had? What sort of dogs are they?
    Hope to hear from someone soon :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Would love to see photos
    Basically they are a crossbreed - and you can have a mixture of any of the behaviours of the two breeds

I would tend to research both breeds, look at the worst bits of both types and then figure out if you can live with that - then hopefully you will get something better

That mix is likely to be v high energy and might not be able to go offlead so only good if you are v active
  4. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Agree with the above, i would say its a given that the dog will be high energy and maybe not the easyiest of dogs to train.
  5. Emmakay391

Emmakay391 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Hi, well i know the dalmatian as a breed on its own can be hard work..and huskies are even worse!
    lol both gorgeous breeds but if you are not 100% dedicated then i would probably go for a different dog.

Im going on what my dal x poodle is like and he really is hard work. If he doesnt get his 2 runs a day on the fields he gets bored and will be into everything in the house.

Dallies are also very loving but sometimes a bit too much and want to jump up and be the centre of attention all the time. Very greedy things too lol.

Do you have any pics of this dog and what is the reason for it being in a rescue now?

Emma x
  6. doggy_wanted

doggy_wanted New Member

Name:
    Sian
    Hiya, thanks for your replies!

She is in rescue now because the owners didn't have time for her, she's still only a puppy.
    I can now see why, from your responces, she may have ended up there in the first place.
    I don't think this cross sounds right for me, I think Im going to keep looking.
    Thanks anyway :)
  7. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Sounds like a good mix for someone who likes canicross:grin:
    Good luck with your search:grin:
  8. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Try looking at Many Tears Rescue......
  9. doggy_wanted

doggy_wanted New Member

Name:
    Sian
    Thanks for the tip on Many Tears, I've just spent the last hour reading the website, I want to give so many of their dogs a new home. I'm going to carry on reading...
    Cheers :)