Do NI's/UTE's etc look more wolfy than the recognised breeds? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Alphatest, Aug 19, 2008.

?

Do NI/UTE type dogs look anymore 'wolfy' than the established northern type breeds?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Do NI's/UTE's etc look more wolfy than the recognised breeds?

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    Some do, some don't!
  4. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I'll second that! :lol:
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    NO! They look like the crosses of the breeds they are.
  6. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    i voted for yes, because the "good" ones do, the Bad ones just look like GSD xs & look a lot Less wolfie than the average sib etc, however the "good" ones & very wolfie!!!!The most wolfie looking that ive seen on here (off the top of my head) is Claudeens Lola & some of "werewolf"s dogs.
  7. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    I voted no as there are other breeds that are consistent in type that look more wolfy and I wouldn't include the huskies or malamutes in that but other breeds.
    As Mishflynn has said above some of the NI do definately look wolfy, where as others do look more like the breeds that have produced behind them. But then this is going to happen as consistency has not yet happened. This will take years of tweaking as in any breed.
    To be fair i am basing this answer on the pictures I have seen on here and on the web, so a small quantity of the breed itself I would imagine :D
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I don't think you can generalise. Some look very wolf like, but some do look like crosses as you say.

Don't like em much do ya Borderdawn:grin:
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dont have a problem with the dogs themselves at all loki's mom, never have, what I dont like if people making them out to be the very thing founder breeders say they are not! Stated as NOT being bred to look like Wolves, can you believe that? True it is, even said on here by the founder breeder!!
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I will say that the Utes seem to have a "type" and do look like a breed in most cases rather than a crossbreed.
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Off subject but I have to ask Dawn, how many Utes have you seen?
  12. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Course they were bred to look like wolves. Loads of sites say that. I was researching the breed with a view to getting one but got p***ed off with all the debate surrounding their origin.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Apart from those on here, a fair few at companion shows, one that I board and a couple at ringcraft. All very much the same with regard to their coat length and texture, head shape and size of the overall animal.
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    And NIDs ?
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Please dont call me a liar! I SUGGEST you read the threads on HERE where Julie Kelham categorically states the NI was NOT bred to look like a Wolf!:evil: Ill await your apology!
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Plenty! Game fairs, companion show, Northern Inuit show 8) ;-) and I board a few, well they say they are NI's they look like crossbreeds. One lived near me too, he's dead now, had cluster Epilepsy and suffered brain damage.
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Difficult question Azz because most look like GSD crosses, so do GSD crosses look like wolves, well, no, they look like crossbreeds.
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks for your input. I will disagree though ref type. I would say that Utes and NIDs are at least in the same place ref type if not the NIDs being ahead. My opinion of course, each to there own. I do think there is an issue with people calling certain dogs NIDs that are certainly not NIDs:evil:

Apologies for going off thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I do think each person's persepective of what a Wolf looks like makes up their mind ref whether the dogs resemble wolves or not.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No probs Werewolf. :)
  21. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    if anyone dares to, could you put up a pic of your dogs & we could say if it looked wolfy or not. I can understand why you wouldnt want to , putting your babies up for critism, but i think it would be interesting to see how many real wolfy types there are
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.