Do you think there is any Mal in the NI?? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Nov 8, 2008.

?

Do you think there is any Mal in NI

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Do you think there is any Mal in the NI??

Ok.. owning Mals and knowing lots of people who have them and sibes...I personally don't think there is any Mal in NI's..
    What do you think..going by looks, build etc..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    i think there is probably a mal cross in there somewhere.. i wouldn`t be so sure about pure bred.

I can think of one NI that looks a lot like a mal... more so than the other breeds that are supposed to have gone in the mix. He is up for rehoming on TIDA`s website, Spirit walker honaha blue.
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I meet a lady quite often at Lunan Bay she has a Mal same colouring as Inka and she has said she can see Mal in Inka ?
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I voted no.
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Why don't you think there isn't Mal Louise ?
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    suppose it just depends on what Mals you have seen, don't think this one looks too far removed from an N.I
  8. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I can imagine that there may have been way back - it would not have been a well bred dog, and I have seen puppy farm Malamutes that do not really resemble Malamutes themselves either.

I can not see why anyone would claim there was if there wasn't - would be an utterly pointless fib! Although the NI types of today do seem to lack Mal ness - but could that be from the poor stock of initial Mal in them????
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    They lack the substance and power of a mal.. ear set & size is different. Mals have lots of bone and this doesn't show up in NI at all...

TO me they look like a rangy (from the sheperd side) husky
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    AN American site..looks like our epupz!!

She has more chest and more bone than an NI and a bigger head she does have a longer muzzle!..of course she could be from bad breeding..so its not much to go on..

Look for UK sites from brilliant breeders and find me an NI like Mal..
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Its the same old same old though all breeders have different ideas of type in their eyes, Youv'e never experienced an N.I pulling Louise I wouldn't say they lacked power, maybe substance is only thicker coat on the mals side too, but remember if it were only Mal to N.I or Mal to GSD then there would possibly be more to see but these dogs have an apparently diluted breeding line so I would be surprised if more looked over all Mal...
  12. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Considering that the self-elected "founder" of the breed initially claimed that they were wolf dogs (a claim quickly denied once DEFRA took an interest in them) and the false pedigree farces, "utterly pointless fibs" seem to be par for the course.

I suppose it is possible that there may be some extremely poor quality Mal somewhere in the mix, but it certainly isn't obvious. Unfortunately (from my POV as a sibe enthusiast) they seem to be little more than very poor quality sibe/GSD crosses.

Mick
  13. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    If we are to believe what we are told then yes, but looking at the dogs I have been told are NI or one or the others I would say no, but as the whole history of this cross breed seems steeped in dishonesty and misinformation how would one know. As I have said before those I have met in the flesh resemble poor Sib/GSD crosses. At one time you saw a lot of B. Collie/GSD crosses and apart from the coat markings there is not a lot of difference so I will vote no.
  14. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    What makes you think that they ( sibe / gsd ) would have been poor quality ?
  15. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Simply because no reputable breeder of good quality dogs (of any breed) would consider their dogs being used in such a project.

Mick
  16. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

I understand that - but the wolf dog claim was to make them more attractive to buyers ..... just can't see where the claiming they had Mal in them would benefit them if it wasn't true ... IYKWIM
  17. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I voted yes because the first NI, I saw in the flesh, looked like a poorly bred Mal :-(
  18. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Mostly because of the poor quality of the finished product. I am not talking of every dog ever given one of these names because I can only speak about those I have seen.
  19. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
  20. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I would agree that that particular dog does look pretty Mal-like. Interestingly though, it doesn't look like any of the other dogs at that show.

Mick
  21. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    gosh hes very mallie like!!!!