Does anyone own or have experience of Brittanys Questions

Discussion in 'Brittany' started by brittany, Oct 1, 2011.

1. brittany

brittany New Member

Name:
    Bambam

Does anyone own or have experience of Brittanys

Does anyone have one, or have experience of one? I am seriously thinking of getting one next year. I've always had border collies and have done agility and flyball with them. I fancy a bit of a change of direction.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Well I'd say - from what I've seen, that the direction you're going in is pretty much as BC's.

The one I've met was lively, hard working and extremely intelligent.

I think they'd happily do a bit of agility or flyball.. HOWEVER - I have never owned one so I wouldn't take my word as final :)
  4. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    One of the HPR grouup, independent and fast hunting. There are several competing in Agility although they do not appear to be as successful as many of the other breeds.

I can put you in touch with someone who competes in Agility with one if you would like.

http://www.gundog-agility.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.brittanyclub.co.uk/brittany_club_agility.asp
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  5. ste

ste New Member

Name:
    Steph
    I have a brittany x, have met a few since having Jed, and found them very lively little dogs,( a bit like a collie, completley untiring:lol: )need to keep their doggy brains working! love to be with their people, very intelligent and eager to please, extremely agile dogs, would be good at agility,( I did a summer with Jed, he learnt extremely quickly)and very fast, ( I've only seen a bc be able to keep up when he really runs) They don't like to be left alone for a long time ( but what dog does?) and I reckon ,easily become destructive or develop issues if not stimulated) they seem quite sensitive, Jed doesn't like people shouting, or yappy dogs:roll: oh they can be little loonies too:lol:
    I'd never met a brittany or x befor adopting Jed, but I'd definatelyget another:grin: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  6. brittany

brittany New Member

Name:
    Bambam
    Thanks for the responses, guys!

Smokeybear: I'm familiar with the BCGB abd am considering joining :grin: I have got the dates of a few shows which will have classes for Brittanys and I'm going to go along to talk to some owners (I did this last year and went to crufts for the first time to see some being shown and at Discover Dogs. The ones I saw at discover dogs were just what I like in a dog- cheerful friendly and with much sticking to their tummies!!

ste: what lovely pictures! Where were they taken? Have you had Jed since he was a pup?
  7. ste

ste New Member

Name:
    Steph
    i adopted Jed at 3 mths, he's now nearly 3. the photos were taken around where I live:grin:
  8. Mackie

Mackie New Member

Name:
    Paul
  9. brittany

brittany New Member

Name:
    Bambam
    ste: the pictures are wonderful. The scenery is breathtaking!

Mackie: Thanks for that. They seem to be very popular in the US.
  10. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    US Brittany's tend to be longer in the leg and are predominantly orange and white. They never seem to look anything like the Brittany's over here.
    Have you researched any breeders yet?
  11. brittany

brittany New Member

Name:
    Bambam
    Not specifically. I am aware of a few, but other than knowing of their existance (though one bitch I looked at had a hip score of 2/3, which I think is amazing!
  12. brittany

brittany New Member

Name:
    Bambam
    Not specifically. I am aware of a few, but other than knowing of their existance (though one bitch I looked at had a hip score of 2/3, which I think is amazing!

OOOPS!!! Double post. Sorry!