Does your dog smile? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by chazwaz, Feb 24, 2008.

1. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula

Does your dog smile?

to every doggy owner out there does your dog smile at you when you come thourgh the front door at the end of the day or when youve been out or is mine just mad i once read that the only animal that can smile back at you is a dog well then mine did it and i just fell about laughing my kids love it when he does it to them my mum thought i was mad until he did it to her the other day its the most wonderful thing that can happen to you and shows you just how much your loved reggie only does it when we have been out but to me its amazing would love to hear your comments and stories if youve been fortunate to have your special friend smile at you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Skye does but Fingal & Breagh don't. If he does it a lot it makes him sneeze.

In wolves, the expression we take for a smile indicates nervousness or submission to another wolf. Dogs also are hard-wired to interpret the expression this way. To signal that he accepts his subordinate position, a subordinate dog retracts the corner of his lips, which pulls the mouth into that happy face we recognize as a smile.
  4. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    well thank you for that ive been so puzzled also he can be a bit dominant towards me so maybe he is finally starting to understand whos boss
  5. lore

lore New Member

Name:
    Lorraine
    This made me giggle. My fella definately smiles at me as did our collie.

However, there is a wee Springer Spaniel who beats them paws down. She lives in a house we walk past every morning to take my son to school, and every time she sees me she lifts her top lip in a grin and waggles everything from the neck down. I know it's probably a dominance thing but it just looks soooooo cute! Also she is such a friendly wee thing too.:mrgreen:
  6. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    [​IMG]

Is this what you mean? If it is, the answer's "YES!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snorri
    :lol:
  7. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    YES!!!!!!!!! so cute!! :D :D

i really think they do! look at these pics of Roggie Doggie!! he is SO smiling!! :D :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. zoby

zoby New Member

Name:
    ma
    i thought i was imagining it until recently my oh commented on how often my bichon looks up at me on a walk and gives me a smile. :grin:

she just loves walking and walking and walking and on the weekend when we turn the corner to the long walk her smile almost stretches to the back of her head :lol:
  9. chazwaz

chazwaz New Member

Name:
    paula
    that is what reggie does curls top lip not in a snarling way because hes tail is wagging like mad and he looks like he is smiling so funny