Dog beds ??? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by greyhoundk, Jan 30, 2009.

1. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor

Dog beds ???

Hi, i feel a bit daft posting this thread but what type of bed do you think is best ? i recently bought a retangular soft bed from Ebay - it has a cushion which is supposed to be washable but i washed on a cool wash and the wadding has gone all lumpy - she may as well be sleeping on the floor ! :-( i'm using an old duvet in the bottom of it. I have complained to the company i got it from and sent photos but i don't know if i'll get any joy there.:roll: I know vet bed is popular, is it good ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I think vetbed is great and easy to wash and dry, Greyhounds like my borzois are very bony so I would alternate between the vet bed and an old duvet folded in half, Cheaper than buying a new bed.
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Mine have coolaroo beds, and they love them, they do not touch the floor as the bed is raised, so they get no uncomfomfy bits from laying on a hard floor, and you all you have to do is place a blanket on them if anything, and the blanket can go in the wash if you choose to use one, and the coolaroo beds just need rinsing with a hose to clean them, not that mines ever needed that :)

Heres some pics of them being modelled lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my dogs aren't full greys but they are just as bony :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  5. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Hi i've seen these before, they're a bit like a hammock i suppose aren't they except static, they look cumfy but do they take up loads of room ? your dogs are lovely !
  6. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    My greyhounds have an old duvet. I gave them a load of pillows once bu Button ripped them all to pieces and they were left with a load of stuffing
  7. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Hi they can do, but having Lurchers they like to spread out, and sleep in the wierdiest of positions, so they take up most of the room on them sometimes, but other times will be happy to lay next to each other, I have had to side by side before and a single duvet fitted over with the ends of the duvet just reaching over the edges of the beds, heres a link that has the sizes on at the end of the post :) I have a couple of large ones, and don't think that the dogs would fit on another sized one. I use to work at boarding kennels that used this bed to, and ended up sat on, playing with a bull mastiff, and then the dog jumped on the bed next to me and the bed was fine so there are also quite stable. And they are like a hammock, but I think that this helps as there can be no pressure points on the dogs or anything as they are just laying on a material that doesn't touch the ground, so there is no chance of that, plus the added fact that fleas can't survive in the material, they get caught and stuck in the webbing (not saying that your dog has fleas, its just that if your dog does catch them if they fall off onto the bed they get stuck and die :)) and thanks for the comment on my dogs :D

http://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/coolaroo-raised-dog-bed-14202-0.html
  8. Dale's mum

Dale's mum New Member

Name:
    Janice
    I splashed out on Tuffies and they were great, easy to clean, comfy and big enough for Dale to spread out. Only one problem Chip ate his and started on Dale's:evil: So now I've gone back to vet bed. Its warm washes and dries easily and Chip doesn't eat it :grin: