Dog Ownership and Breeding Health Survey Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by zdogsurvey, Mar 21, 2015.

1. zdogsurvey

zdogsurvey New Member

Name:
    Paw

Dog Ownership and Breeding Health Survey

I made a couple surveys as a personal project to investigate differences in dog health and training practices between breeders and the average owner. It isn't meant to be a scientific survey, but it might be helpful for future testing.

<removed>
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    1 - For what reason are you doing these surveys?

2 - Future testing for what?

3 - Your first sentence could be worded better as apart from the fact that I think you missed out a word - "I made a couple of surveys" being correct whereas "I made a couple surveys" is not, you do not say what your personal project is.

To be honest, apart from spelling mistakes, questions which do not make sense [ie you cannot artificially inseminate a male dog] etc I have absolutely no idea what you want from these "surveys", therefore I will not be filling in either.

As for "Internal stimulation (e.g. the q-tip method)" to "control/relieve a bitch in heat" - where on earth is that done?
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Please note we don't allow surveys that ask for member's contact details.
  5. zdogsurvey

zdogsurvey New Member

Name:
    Paw
    Thank you for your input!

The reason I am doing them is personal curiosity and also to work out errors, mistakes, which questions to add or remove. The project is really just looking into differences in health, training, and attitudes between populations of dog owners.

Future testing would be further surveys and, potentially, case studies, but I do not currently have solid plans. This initial survey is to get a better idea of where to go and help me with that. For instance I'm already realizing I should merge both into one survey.

Thanks for the feedback on the spelling and phrasing as well. I tried to make sure everything was spelled correctly and phrased as clearly as possible. I realize now I should have used 'semen collection' instead of 'artificial insemination' for better clarity and accuracy.

As far as the internal stimulation is concerned, from my understanding this is more commonly practiced on cats and ferrets. While dogs are not cats or ferrets, I thought it might be worth mentioning. I will probably remove that question if a do another survey since it's probably leading to more confusion than anything.