Dog poo in the night Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Lizzie Leah, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Lizzie Leah

Lizzie Leah New Member

Name:
    Lizzie Nicholls

Dog poo in the night

Hi everyone! im hoping someone can help.

I have a 12 month old Frenchie. She is house trained 99% of the time except we will definitely wake up to a poo in the morning.

We have tried changing foods, feeding times etc on the vets advice. Currently she gets fed her largest meal at 6:30am (kibble) in the morning and her last meal which is a small tray of food (wet) at around 2pm. That way it gives her enough time to digest and go to the toilet before bed at 10ish. she usually goes between 2/3 times from 2pm-10pm on her walks or in the garden but we still wake up to poo :( i dont understand how she has anything left! her food is on a Tails subscription so is the correct portion size for her weight/age and needs.

If she was in the crate at night then she most likely wouldn't do it however this is not an option right now as she wakes up at 4/5am crying and we are in a terraced house and were getting complaints. I am also pregnant and in desperate need of a full night sleep! when she is crated in the day time she is fine, its just at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do or anything i can change? we will hopefully be moving house in the next few months so will go back to crating at night then if nothing else seems to work.

Thank you!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!