Dog wardens - what training do they undergo? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Dog wardens - what training do they undergo?

After watching part of the video in Tina's thread it made me think about dog wardens - do they undergo an kind of formal training? Do they need to have any qualifications before getting the job? The two in that program were useless!! :eek:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Azz, Bonni and 6JRT's like this.
    I only saw the preview clip with those two women yelling and pulling the Akita around. They really were useless. I can't see how they help the situation when they're getting hysterical themselves.

I don't know what training they undergo, however, I have heard of dog wardens who don't know their dog breeds and can't tell one breed apart from another similar looking one. You'd think they'd have a good knowledge of dog breeds & behaviour.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Azz, Bonni and 6JRT's like this.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz, CaroleC and Bonni like this.
    The 2 dumb female wardens trying to remove the Akita are Ex - R.S.P.C.A officers
    (no more need to be said) the warden who only give the penalty notice to woman whose dogs attack the little shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso change from deck duties to being dog warden.

None of the 4 Wardens last night had any idea how to deal with dogs, the idiot male one only put one food dish down for 2 starving dogs, the 2 dumb females were screaming shouting when trying to remove Akita & the older female warden should of done more about the woman's out of control dogs.
  6. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    Azz likes this.
    From watching that program....none!!!
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz likes this.
    dont have much knowledge of dog wardens in general but our local one is very good at his job when hes doing it. i see him at vets all the time with dogs hes caught ect and hes kind, controlled and seams to know what he is doing. But he does admit to being disheartened by his job as he doesnt get the backup he wants when he wants to take a matter further and has been forced to have dogs pts that in his view should have been given a chance at rehoming.
    My brother also does some dog warden type duties. he goes with bailiffs to home repossessions to make sure any animals are removed safely for their own good and that of the bailiffs and locksmiths. He again is very good at what he does. ive also been on some with him when weve had notice of lots of dogs and other animals. went on one and had to remove 4 cows and 3 horses that was rather a mission and half as we are not used to these kinds of animals so i do believe they should have hired somebody better suited to that one
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    I am beginning to wonder if the so called dog wardens were real, am thinking maybe actors
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's and Azz like this.
    NDWA Quote Another area of concern was the poor use of restraint equipment in the programme, what the viewer in the street might be unaware of is the fact that some restraint equipment may never have been used by a Dog Warden or they have not received correct training on how to use it. )
    Think that was obvious in last nights program, im shocked at this