Doggy day-care Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Heather Barcoe, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Heather Barcoe

Heather Barcoe New Member

Name:
    Hev
    Brunniebabe likes this.

Doggy day-care

has anyone ever used doggy day-care? Especially when being away from home for 7-9 hours Monday to Friday working
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Margo8478

Margo8478 New Member

Name:
    Margo8478
    I have, I liked it. I felt better knowing the dogs were being watched and playing with other dogs. The only thing I didn’t like was that they got a kennel cough outbreak, it’s highly contagious and often owners don’t realize their dog has it at first but by then they infect all the other dogs at the day care. Both my boys got it, and I was working at an animal hospital at the time and we got 40 cases of it, all from dogs at the same day care. So while kennel cough is treatable, taking them to day cares there is a risk of something similar happening but doesn’t mean it will. Daycare is great, just gotta make sure you dog is up to date on shots and know that when taking a dog to a place like that their is a slight chance of something like that happening. Otherwise I think they are great!
  4. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    Thank you so much for the reply back! It has helped loads!!
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    I’d consider doggy daycare but I don’t think the other dogs would appreciate my Akitas.. They generally aren’t a doggy daycare type of breed.
  6. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    I’m just wondering at what age is best for him? As I’ve been informed to leave him alone for a few weeks to get him use to being on his own during the day?
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I have mixed feelings about groups of strange dogs together, and would personally never use them, if need be I would rather get a friend/relative ect: to pop in and attend to them.
    They won't allow puppies until they have had all their vaccinations.
  8. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Heather not a young age or when adult as you've got a breed on your hands that loves attention and gives it fully back...sorry but who ever mentioned that aren't to knowledgeable with the breed.

I agree with Vee family or close friends if you need to leave your dog with someone...not a total stranger :)
  9. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    Brunniebabe likes this.
    I’ve sorted it out with a family member! Thank you so much for the info guys.
  10. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Pleased to hear that Heather than a stranger because they can seem ok but with out you there, who knows what's happening :)