Double vet trip today. The good and bad news. Discussions

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by LMost, Jul 25, 2015.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost

Double vet trip today. The good and bad news.

Well Mouse is pretty much good to go, finish the next 2 days left of meds and unless there are signs, he is good to go.
    So we do our first real walk in a couple weeks. To get what's most likely a 100+ pounds of American bulldog launching himself over a 3ft fence at Mouse. Unlucky for the AB he grabbed Mouse back harness. Mouse grabbed it's backside and pulled.
    The other dog let go as Mouse had to damn near hanging in the air. It bit at Mouse's paw getting ahold of his front dew claw. Mouse let go and grabbed the dog by the back of the neck and lucky for it, it's fat owner had finally gotten from the porch to get his dog to get ahold of it's collar while I pried Mouse mouth off the dogs neck.
    Head back to the house with Mouse acting funny, so back to vets.
    Mouse has most likely a pulled muscle in his next, and a sensitive paw. (Got to admit I am impressed just how strong his neck muscles are, to have lift a 100+ pounds of dog in the air and pull it off his harness)
    His dog has 9 staples in his upper thigh, and 5 staples in the back lower part of his neck. (Wife talking with his wife)
    None to say I handled the matter piss poorly with the other does owner. Who was yelling I should have a GD muzzle on my f'ing mutt. Informed him maybe next time I'll let my f'ing mutt kill his dog, and afterward beat the ever loving hell out his fat ass.
    My needs to be muzzled dogs new favorite way to rest, either this way or head straight out.
    [​IMG]
    What is left of his front dew claw. He's walking a bit gingerly
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    LMost likes this.
    Poor baby, I'm so sorry...know it was hard on you too. Give him a hug from me.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    LMost likes this.
    Poor Mouse, and poor you too! Just as he was getting back to full fitness too. Let's hope that he doesn't view the world differently after this attack, and is soon feeling fit and well again.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    LMost likes this.
    Poor big bubba Mouse. Please give the lovely boy a hug from me. xx
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    CaroleC likes this.
    Ty all, he's back up and so far rollin as normal on walks, just had to take a couple days off walking as his paw was a bit sore.
    Seems there's no attitude change still loves all the kids on our walks and drooling on them.
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    At least he can take care of himself. Most places have leash and containment laws that he is probably breaking. Hate owners like that. Instead of threatening assault you could go the proper route.