Drever breed Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Oct 3, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Drever breed

Came across an advert on the net for Drever puppies & am totally confused as they look like short legged beagles.
    Are they an recognize pedigree breed or are they an cross breed ?

Drever
    imagesO6QT4U8E.jpg

imagesTGD1C4XP.jpg

imagesWEGE1984.jpg

imagesVFJ2G71U.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A new one on me Tina. I had to Google it, but it seems to be a Swedish Hound breed, derived from a German Westphalian Dachsbracke. (Thank you Wikipedia).
    It's cute though isn't it?
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    This is what my Mac says (pulled in from wikipedia)

Another to add to our list for the main site :lol:
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Very handsome dogs & now l know they are not cross breeds the prices are reasonable, said puppies €550 roughly £525 for dogs & €500 roughly £475 for bitches.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They are rather cute looking and I love their colourings, although I have to admit that I am not that keen on short-legged, long-backed dogs.
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Snap the legs do seem to small for the length of their bodies, but after saying that the video I watch shown them running at speed, they all seem to be enjoying themselves.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think it is just a personal thing with me - I am not that keep about Corgis and Dachshunds, although a friend from the Epi List has the most gorgeous tri-colour miniature long-haired Dachshunds ever - but there is far too much epilepsy in that breed - even with totally non-related pups that she has had it has appeared.

And in others of the same breed but also unrelated, liver disease has occurred.

I do not think it is that though, as I was never that fond of Corgis and Daxies before I knew anything about epi in Daxies. I just prefer "square" looking dogs, although I have no idea why. :102: