excited is an understatement!! General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Mrs Jordiroo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.

excited is an understatement!!

oh my goodness!!! I keep getting waves of pure joy and excitement over the thought that we will have Murphy before Christmas.
    I just want him now.... I know I know I sound like a brat but this has been a long time coming.
    I have grown up with the family dogs, so having a dog mooching around the house, going for walks and everything else dog related is second nature.
    Before we even got married my husband and I knew we would have a dog eventually.
    So when we finally settled in Scotland (over a year) perfect area and loads of walking spots I started suggesting that we could get a dog. My husband was uming and ahhing until yesterday I showed him a picture of Murphy and he was powerless to resist!! :D Murphy 1.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    and men think they wear the trousers :)

My hubby was adamant that no way we were getting another dog. Rosie is pictured in my avatar and she really is a daddy's little girl x
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Murphy is so cute - if you are anything like me you will end up with a houseful of toys!
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Looking at that bundle of fluff I’m not surprised you are excited
    I’m looking forward to hearing all about his antics
    Philippa
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    He looks absolutely adorable!!! I know what it’s like to wait once you’ve picked your pup. I waited 11 weeks from when I picked Katie Mae, the smaller dog in my profile pic, until she could come here.. But I at least already had another dog...

I have found that toys by “ruff & tuff” last really well. I have one that’s been lovingly chewed on for about 20 months, and now they even survive tug-o-war between the 2 dogs. Also ropes with knots are good. Mine like tennis balls too. They will pick it up and drop it and kick it so they can chase it, if I’m not throwing it for them outside or bouncing it off the floor inside. I get them 3 for a dollar at the used sporting goods store. Kong’s are always good too and last well. Periodically I toss the toys in with some laundry and the come out looking almost new!!