Face Time General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Face Time

I keep reading about people "Face Timing" their family or friends, but have no idea what it means.

Not that I want to use it, whatever it is, I would just like to know what it is and how it is used.

Thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have not heard that expression. Could it mean meeting face to face, as opposed to virtual contact?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do not know - perhaps it is something like Skype was? When you could see to whom you were talking? Because that is what it seems to be, but I do not understand all this modern computer chat.

And Carole - I lost a load of dates so I know I missed your birthday, which was, I think, in September.

So belated and much loved birthday wishes from Tikki and me! xxx
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    My oh face times his friends from his mobile, its similar to skype except one can do it on certain mobiles with an app.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Apparently, it's Apple's video calling service (I cheated and looked it up).

I'd hate it, but Gary uses Messenger to video call his friend. They both use sign language and neither are good at reading/writing so it is a Godsend for him
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh, this must be what I once did by accident.
    My friend could see me having a real panic, 'This thing is filming me. I must have pressed something. I don't know how to stop it. She says can see me, and I don't know what to do'.
    She thought it was hilarious!
  8. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    It’s bizarre isn’t it, our granddaughter has more idea than us.
    Has anyone hand written a letter lately?
    You would think that the postmen/woman would be out of business with all the various ways to communicate
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have not hand-written a letter in yonks because I cannot hold a pen to write. Yes I can type but the only things I ever write are my signature, and even that is whoopsy daisy on cheques. I do manage to write [write?] the amount of the cheque but then hand it over to be filled in by whoever I give it to. And yes, some people still do accept cheques.

My bank knows my almost impossible writing but also know the very few people that I ever give a cheque to and they also know my extremely wobble signature.

That is a good thing as I cannot read it!