Fear for our breed. Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Hayley SBT, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley

Fear for our breed.

I fear for our breeds
    if morans keep getting thier hands on this wonderful group of dogs then we shall no long have bull breeds and it will go the way the pitbull has

I wish newspapers would stop reporting dog attacks as i bet there is just as many if not more sog attacks by other breeds also

what can be done ot are we fighting a losing battle?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Zetacharlie

Zetacharlie New Member

Name:
    Cath
    Did u know that the breed responsible for the largest number of dog bites in the UK is the Labrador ???Ill bet the press won't publish that................:evil: I feel sorry for Bull breed owners- the responsible ones- I really do.:-(
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I think perhaps, as lovers of all breeds, we need to stop pointing the finger at each other, and try to save ALL our breeds. Of course, the press always pick on the large, macho type of breeds, but I fear that no breed will be safe if the hysteria continues :-(
  5. rob

rob

As I have said before it's not the breed it the owners

Bob plays with many of those so called dangerous dogs and the only "fight" he has had was with a Lab
    When my father-in-law comes down to stay with us he brings all his dogs with him.He has 2 Collies and a Rotti (the so called devil dog) and I have never met a more gentler and loving dog as Cassie
    Sorry if this seams a bit of a rant but it really gets my back up when people start blaming the dogs
  6. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F
    Thats funny because the only fight that my GSD ever had in his life was with a black labrador :?
  7. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Could not agree more..... I've never met a dog I don't like..... met plenty of owners that "leave a lot to be desired" to put it politlely........

Well ya know I'm such a good mannered soul :p
  8. Ella's Mum

Ella's Mum New Member

Name:
    Nazie
    it rattles my cage too :twisted: ant dog large or small has teeth , hence can bite . its not the dogs fault i blame the owners i dont think any dog is born nasty its how it has been treated , and more often than not its always the dogs who suffer at human hands :x
  9. Jenny234

Jenny234 New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    i fear we are fighting a losing battle :(
    it really saddens me to see these news reports about dog attacks, its the last thing we needed, and two in a row! rotties will be straight on the dda closely followed by the rest :(

it terrifies me to think this could happen soon, its just not fair.
    where will they stop... its so sad.

my driving instructors wife called Indie a devil dog today. i think its sad people have such a sad opinion of our breeds.
  10. squeak

squeak

Name:
    Jo
    Hayley do you think people who breed from dogs with no papers, no background history and no proof that they are true staffies are MORONS? because if you think about it, if you cant prove your dogs are genuine staffies and you dont know the lines that they come from, they could have anything in them and breeding them all you would produce is more mongrels when the staffie is one of the most bred dogs in the uk.

also, how do you feel about people who breed from overweight dogs which are not a good example of the breed they are supposed to be? do you think its a good idea to breed from pet dogs when there are thousands of staffies being killed in pounds across the country every day? :-(
  11. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Hayley, the answers you seek have already been given to you by many of us in other similar Bull breed threads.

If you are willing, all you need to do is read them again with a dispassionate fresh view, as though you were reading them for the first time, also as though you had no dogs at all, [ so no bias breed wise nor related to who said what ;-) ], and to understand that the responses given are for the benefit of the dogs from voices of loooooong experience, because the present and future of dogs is what we *all* care about here :smt001