Flooded - grrrrr General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Flooded - grrrrr

I think winter has arrived as it has been bucketing down and my shower/loo room is flooded...

...with liquid mud that has come up from the shower drain hole.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh no! I am so sorry.
    You must feel like crying every time things like this happen.
    So frustrating!
  4. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    OUCH! Not again Juli. It's bad enough having to clean up when you can get around easily, but it must be an absolute nightmare for you xx
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I managed to swoosh some of it towards the [still flooded this morning] shower drain hole so I could get to the loo. Winter definitely arrived late this year and more heavy storms are on the way, but as long as the yuck does not come further into the bungalow and just stays in the shower/loo room I will manage.

Town was flooded badly with people trapped in cars - this was somewhere in Ashqelon yesterday evening...

6. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    What is going on with the weather this year? We've had some flooding here over the past month or so. It causes so many problems.

Fingers crossed things ease off over your way Juli and you can quickly get back to normal x
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh how we need rain - there is never enough - but the problem is that this country was not built for rain in that the drainage/sewerage/systems in so many places just cannot cope when so much rain falls in such a short time. So many low-lying areas flood.

Or, in the case of homes like mine, which are set low down, rain from the pavements just pour down into my yard and flood the patio because the ditch at the side where the water should empty and drain even lower down to the back, gets blocked with mud that is washed down. I have it dug out every year and every year it is blocked again so backs up onto the patio and floods that up to the front door.

Why the water and gunge should come up through the shower drain in the shower/loo room I do not know. Luckily my ensuite, which is at the back of the bungalow is not affected [or has not been yet...] as the ground outside is lower down at the back than it is at the front. However, it could very well be at some time, in which case my bedroom will also be flooded.

Not a very nice thought.