Flying with a Frenchie Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by elis, May 6, 2020.

?

Is flying in cargo for 2 hours risky for my frenchie?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other: (Please add your comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. elis

elis New Member

Name:
    Elis

Flying with a Frenchie

Hi guys,
    I'm a proud pawrent of a healthy 2-year-old female frenchie.

We are expats in China where public transportation is not very pet friendly.
    Next month we are required to move to another city for work purposes and I am nervous about how to transport the dog.

I have been told that frenchies cannot travel in cargo and must be taken on board. Unfortunately, that is a big no-no for Chinese airlines. Taking animals on board is forbidden. They would only transport the dog as cargo.

It is a 2 hour flight and the pet relocation company I have contacted promised that they will take all the necessary measures to make sure the flight goes well for the dog, including placing ice packets around the crate to keep her cool.

Traveling by car is not an option as it would take about 20 hours of driving and no driver is willing to take that responsibility.

I am very conflicted about what to do as I would never want to put my dog at risk but at the same time I am out of options.

Has anybody had experiences with this? What do you suggest?

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a lovely chap he is! Is he Chinese bred?
    Sorry, I have no experience of transporting dogs by air. I have had a brief Google, and there are suggestions that you are careful with the climate, and that you use zip ties to secure your carrier from prying fingers. Apart from that, I drew a blank.
  4. elis

elis New Member

Name:
    Elis
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you! SHE is Chinese bred, yes. She was born here.
    What I have been told is that air traveling can be risky for this breed due to their respiratory problems and because of the changes in the air pressure on a plane. I have been getting mixed opinions and I do not know what is best.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, she.
    Her nostrils look quite open, but I am glad that this is not my decision.
    I wish her a safe journey, whatever you decide.