Forthglade dog food reviews? Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Janet, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Forthglade dog food reviews?

I usually give my lot Naturediet for their evening meal - I always get it online from Berriewood as it is much cheaper from them.

Had an email from them saying they are having problems getting it at the moment, and offered 20% off Forthglade. So, on the basis that Pepe and Bogie will eat anything, I've just placed an order - has anyone tried it and if so, what do you think of it?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Janet likes this.
    Billy has had Forthglade for the last few years, it's great stuff and he loves it. I buy big boxes full from my local pet shop
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    That's good to hear - thanks Katie.

I don't think I've ever seen Forthglade on sale locally. I used to get the Naturediet direct from Naturediet themselves, until I found I could get it much cheaper from Berriewood. They offer 4 cases of 18 trays for £50.73, free delivery. The Forthglade is more expensive - £63.96 for 4 cases of 18, but because of the 20% discount I've only had to pay £51.15 this time.

Who knows - I might end up changing to Forthglade. Chico will be the decider - the other two will eat absolutely anything with such relish that it will be impossible to say which they like the most, but Chico is a fussy little so and so.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I've actually never heard of it - is it species appropriate or grain free?
  6. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    Just had my delivery of Forthglade. I've got the Natural Lifestage type, which is complete.

I've got two varieties, one of which is grain free. (Duck 50%, Chicken 22%, Potato 4%, Peas 2%, Carrots 2%, Salmon Oil, Seaweed, Minerals, Vitamins, Herbs, Glucosamine, Chondroitin.) The chicken variety is 72% chicken and 4% brown rice, plus peas, carrots etc.

It's got a transparent top and certainly looks very good, but I am not prepared to taste it! I'll leave that to the dogs tonight.
  8. Imana-Banana

Imana-Banana New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Both mine are on it, it's the only thing we could get Molly to eat without pulling faces :)