Frenchie breeder questions Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by MichelleMc84, May 21, 2019.

1. MichelleMc84

MichelleMc84 New Member

Name:
    Michelle

Frenchie breeder questions

Hi all!. I am new to this forum and have some questions. First off I’ll say I just put my dog/best friend of 15 years down a couple of weeks ago and I’m not ready to get a new dog right now but I would like to find a breeder for when the time comes as I know getting a pure bred from a reputable breeder can take a while.
    Here’s my questions:
    -what is the average range for a Frenchie? I’ve seen some breeders asking 4k and up but when I go to their page they’re clearly just back yard breeders or “hobby breeders”. What price should I expect to see for frenchies?
    -can anyone recommend some breeders who actually show/compete their dogs? I haven’t had any success finding a breeder that has titles/certifications or even breeders that do health testing on the dogs and puppies. I’m assuming because this breed is so popular a lot of people are just breeding their family pet for cash or because they think their dog is worthy of being bred. I’m in the states so would like a dog in the states as well. I’m in WA state but ok if the right breeder is in Canada or east coast. Thanks for all your help!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This is a UK based forum, though we do have members from a variety of other countries. I would recommend that you do an internet search for the French Bulldog Breed Clubs for both Canada and the USA. The club websites should give you a lot of information, including the recommended health tests for the breed. There will also be contact details for the secretary, who should be able to answer your specific questions, or direct you to someone who can.
    The AKC and the CKC websites may also be worth a look, and it could also be worth visiting a couple of Speciality shows to see whether there are particular lines which appeal to you. Well done on going about your search in the right way, there are far too many charlatans in popular breeds.
  4. MichelleMc84

MichelleMc84 New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Oh thank you. I didn’t realize this wasn’t based in the states
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You are still very welcome - lots of other US posters.
    Hope you find your ideal puppy, and post a picture!