Frenchie ears Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Joeysfrenchie, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey

Frenchie ears

Hello I just picked up my Merle female Ava she is 14 weeks with really floppy ears and was wondering what you guys thought on her how she looks and her ears thank you. Her ears stay up for a bit then one is down then both are just floppy . But mostly up or not they are floppy

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    According to AKC standards, Merle is a disqualifying pattern for almost all bull breeds. So her coat pattern alone signals issues. You likely know this already.

Her ears don't quite fit the breed standard that I saw but I don't know much about this breed. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon. She's very cute though.
  4. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Screw the akc. She is beautiful.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I totally agree :)
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
  7. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Thank you guys she is beautiful I agree her parents are akc registered and she will be also I was just worried about those ears she is really teething both top fangs came out and are coming in with floppy ears and I don’t want to tape
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I admit that I do not know anything about the breed standard AKC registration, but your little cutie Ava is really gorgeous, and from what I have learned here on Breedia, teething can sometimes affect as and when ears will stand.

On the Moshav where I live there are, or were, [dogs appear and then disappear :102:] a few Dobes and I hated seeing the youngsters with their ears taped - sometimes they have also been cropped. Not to mention tails docked almost to their anus. Shudder.
  9. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Oo no I would never cut the tail she was born like that . Only thing I would consider is taping her ears if they don’t go up which I don’t want to do but I’d love her ears to go up on her own so I’m giving her time when she is done teething
  10. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Here is and update on her ears now really floppy

Attached Files:

11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I just put it in Google and it came up with:

"When they do start to go up, they frequently don't go up at the same time. Their ears do all kinds of wonky things in the teething stage. ... The point is, when he/she is done teething, his/her ears will generally stand correctly. Each puppy is on his or her own time table, even puppies from the same litter.
    "When they do start to go up, they frequently don't go up at the same time. Their ears do all kinds of wonky things in the teething stage. ... The point is, when he/she is done teething, his/her ears will generally stand correctly. Each puppy is on his or her own time table, even puppies from the same litter"
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Chris B likes this.
    Definitely don't advise taping the ears. They will probably stand on their own and if not... You'll have a cute little merle with floppy ears.
  13. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    My 10 week old already has deployed bat ears. 9583FF3F-2E68-4A31-B737-6241682534EC.jpeg
  14. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    9104A70A-0D92-4CE2-807C-D594A54F7F96.jpeg
  15. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    We will see
  16. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Personal opinion. I think they'll go up and strengthen just fine when teething is finished. I hope so because I hate when ears are taped
  17. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    I hope so
  18. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Update she is 5 months now we did end up putting a thin piece of tape on her ears nothing crazy they stood up for a day or 2 and started going back down . What you guys think her ears are sort of down and floppy again she is still teething also almost done

Attached Files:

19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What will you do if, when she has finished teething, her ears still do not stand up? Ears are only a part of a dog and you already know that due to being merle she cannot be shown.

She is such a pretty little girl so would it really matter if she has floppy ears?
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B likes this.
    Ears look fine on that photo.
    Maybe another FB owner can give you a better answer.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Agree with Carole. Good chew toys or bones can help strengthen.