Frenchies ears Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Carolinemarie17, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Carolinemarie17

Carolinemarie17 New Member

Name:
    Cazmarie
    Innocence likes this.

Frenchies ears

Hi guys,
    I have a French bulldog who is currently 17wks old and his ears still haven't gone up. Every now and then one goes up for about a minute then flops back down. We are giving him cheese once a day to give him some extra calcium but i thought by now they would of gone up. Anybody else had this with their frenchies or any dog? I've heard about taping them but I don't want to do that as I don't think it would be comfortable for him, I don't mind if he has got floppy ears but just want to know if they will ever go up
    Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I had an English Bull Terrier who's ears didn't go up straight away, but they eventually did, so I think it's just a matter of time. I'm sure it'll be fine.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    If you think they are going to need some help, there are videos on how to help them on YouTube. They may not need very much support if they are trying to stand on their own. I'm pleased that you aren't really bothered though. Like kids, some pups are just different.
  5. Carolinemarie17

Name:
    Cazmarie
    Yeah Im sure they will at some point thanks for the reply
  6. Carolinemarie17

Name:
    Cazmarie
    Yeah I've seen a few videos but don't want to do anything that may irritate or annoy him but I will have a look on YouTube and see what some suggestions are thank you
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I've only been on this forum a short while, but everyone here is really helpful and if you have any concerns they will give you an honest opinion, which is really reassuring when you have a concern. Also, I have a Frenchie which I'm still learning from everyday, so if you need any help or advice, please feel free to ask anything, no matter what time of the day or night. Even if it's something you might think is nothing, if I can help I will.
  8. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    I don't have much experience with French Bulldogs. But I think they will eventually stand up if they are already trying. Glad there are some decent owners that care about there dogs for who they are not what they look like.
    Jane
    xx
  9. Sam card

Sam card New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Hi Caroline, I am in the same boat currently. I have a 9 week old who’s ears haven’t gone up but all his siblings ears have gone up. I feel the same as you, I’m not overly fussed just curious. Did your frenchies ears ever go up?

Thanks
  10. TessaOhmart

TessaOhmart New Member

Name:
    Tessa Ohmart
    Hello, I know it's been several years but I found your post as a related one to my question. I just brought home my Frenchie a week ago and he's 13 weeks old. He has one ear up and one floppy ear. I was wondering if your pups ears ever stood up?