German Pinsher looking for breeder Questions

Discussion in 'German Pinscher' started by Inca, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G

German Pinsher looking for breeder

a friend of my OH is looking for a German Pinsher any info would be great ..what to avoid etc.... best breeders :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. canarydog

canarydog

Name:
    dave
    I don't personally know any breeders but keepp asking on here and also surf the net, if its the same breed as i think then their a great dog but need a responsible owner, i think their like Dobermans but smaller and maybe even more edgy as to guarding instincts, i think their a guard dog breed and can be a handfull- but as with any brteed of dog even the stupid bans on the Am Pit bull, Tosa, Dogo, Fila Brasilea, in my eyes they shouldn't be banned they should sort out the idiot owners!
  4. canarydog

canarydog

Name:
    dave
    and also the 4 breeds that ARE banned is ridiculous, the breed thats actualy killed the most people is the Rotweiler so why isn't this breed banned? DON'T GET ME WRONG THE ROTWEILER SHOULD NOT BE BANNED THEY CAN MAKE IN THE RIGHT HANDS EXCELLENT PETS. Also i read the springer spaniel is the most likely breed to bite probably cause they need proper training and exercise. My point is whats next? Akita, Presa Canario, Rotweiler, Am Bulldog ETC
  5. canarydog

canarydog

Name:
    dave
    Sorry about all these messages LOL, i ran out of room my point all the dogs i mentioned right to Mastiffs, St Bernards bullbreeds etc have the same potential to do serious/fatal damage as the 4 banned breeds so i don't understand why ban them 4/ they are not necessary the most lethal, any dog breeds that have been bred to guard/fight and hunt are obviously in the wrong hand dangerous even the small breeds, So lets ban every dog breed LOL, then i'll emigrate LOL
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    The German Pinscher is an old breed. That much is a certainty. The breed has placed its ancient paw mark on many other dogs’ gene pools, setting the phenotype for hundreds of years. This said, it is worth mentioning that the German Pinscher is not a popular dog, it never has been, and it very possibly will never reach the status that other dogs have achieved in the glorious public affections. This is not a bad thing, however, and the breed has striven forward regardless of the lack of public support.
    The Pinscher is closely allied to the ancestry of the Schnauzer, although it seems that both under went an input of additional blood. It appears to my mind that there is more than just a difference in hair type between the two. The records are scant to support this conjecture. It seems that both breeds evolved from an ancient breed know as the ‘Rattler’; the smooth puppies born from this breed were developed into the Pinscher, as we know him today. From a similar beginning both breeds have crystallised with their own stable genotype.
    The German Pinscher was originally a stable dog living with and around horses; as such he has developed an affinity with this animal. His vermin killing abilities were legendary and even today he is the staunch enemy of many creatures such as rabbits, rats and moles. Additionally, the German Pinscher was and is an excellent guard dog. A reputation for extreme sharpness proceeded him without fail as recently as twenty years ago. Breeders and owners I have spoken to are all fairly agreed that this is still something which rears an overtly snappy head, from time to time in some strains. As a result of the latter, the Pinscher is not the best breed to keep if one also owns small animals such as Cats or Guinea Pigs and the like.
    For an individual or couple, the German Pinscher seems a reasonable choice of breed. They are protective, have a loud bark and are an ideal medium size to fit into most modern premises. The breed can be stubborn and alpha tendencies mean that this a dog requiring discipline from an early age. In spite of the latter this breed can be very faithful, a characteristic it shares with its more popular cousin the Doberman. There are also Pinschers that have excelled at obedience and tracking work, though it should be noted that this is an aloof breed that won’t always co-operate in the ‘truly obedient’ sense. Generally speaking, however, they are satisfactory in this area: the protective instinct is strongly ingrained.
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Inca will pm you info on breeders
  8. munsterluver

munsterluver New Member

Name:
    ceev
    I dont hav a german Pinscher but i do have a large munsterlander a breed of german hunting dog and they are soo good. and great companions
  9. canarydog

canarydog

Name:
    dave
    Hello Munsterluver, i don't have 1 either but i've seen photos of the dog u have Munsterlander, and am impressed big lovely looking dogs, do they quite long hair similar hair as an Irishwolfhound but longer?