Getting Saint Bernard litter siblings General Chat

Discussion in 'St. Bernard' started by skilaki, Jun 2, 2009.

1. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -

Getting Saint Bernard litter siblings

Does anyone here own St Bernards? My brother in law is thinking of getting 2 litter siblings (yes, I know definitely not a good idea). I was wondering what they were like as pets, any special requirements, any special personality characteristics, what they are like to train, how much exercise they need etc. which I can relay to them.

Cheers!

PS please post pics too :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. HannahCB

HannahCB New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    Fantastic Dogs can be very stubborn but also very loyal and v willing to please i walk mine for 1.30 a day 45mins morning and night also v early and v late in this heat. Great with children, mine totally love attention very drooly and love mud!!! my white walls are now a strange shade of brown upto a certain height, cannot be helped. Need alot of time and energy to keep them satisfied, they will also want to meet every person in the park even if there terrified.... I Love Them xx
  4. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    Had a St Bernard as a kid growing up, amazing pooch...very loyal, great with kids, cats, everyone... apart from maybe the chickens, she used to catch them, and then without harming them, take them to her water trough, plop them in and watch them splash around franticly.. lol:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Do remember a lot of slober involved though...
  5. cart583

cart583 New Member

Name:
    mandy
    hi, i have a 4 month old saint puppy and hes adorable. he loves everybody. yes they do slobber but they are well worth the mess they make.
  6. Eccles

Eccles New Member

Name:
    Theo
    We have recently acquired a lovely ST Bernard they are so different to any dog we have ever owned. Have not had any luck finding a breed club, does anyone have a link? Thanks in advance Eccles
  7. cart583

cart583 New Member

Name:
    mandy
    hi eccles, well my cute 4 month old is now a huge 18 month old but he is still cute. is it a puppy you have or an older dog? where did you get him or who was his breeder? if you are on facebook there is plenty of breeders on there ready and willing to give any advice you need. if you are and you want to add me my name is mandy carter and my pic is 2 saints. i have lots of saint friends on there. as you may have guessed i now have 2, my bitch is called heidi. mandy x
  8. cart583

cart583 New Member

Name:
    mandy
    as you can see i have now updated my avatar. mandy x
  9. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule New Member

Name:
    Debs
    The system editted out the group you mentioned, can you pm me the name, as I have a 10 month old Saint bitch.
    Thanks
  10. cart583

cart583 New Member

Name:
    mandy
    hi, i have had a look and i cant see how to but its a well known social networking site. mandy
  11. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule New Member

Name:
    Debs
    Thanks, Im assuming you meant the book/face. Im on there, so will have a look about.
  12. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule New Member

Name:
    Debs
    ps the ban edit doesnt show until its posted.
  13. Eccles

Eccles New Member

Name:
    Theo
    Thanks dont understand what is meant by systems edit? Eccles
  14. cart583

cart583 New Member

Name:
    mandy
    hi eccles. because i named another site it edited it out, think thats what she meant anyway lol. all my info is in my other post if you are a member please add me and then you can see how many saint lovers there are around willing to give advice. mandy