Guard dogs? General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by bolty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane

Guard dogs?

i have seen some add's (the free add's pages) that are selling staffs as "will make good family dogs or guards" im not suer about any1 elses staff but i thought that this is 1 thing they would not get used 4 :shock: i no my staff would be no good 4 this :lol:

Shane
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    my abbie is a very good guard dog but she is 100% with the kids, she would fight to the death for her family
  4. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    if some 1 was to brake in to my home then my 2 would go mad the nosy would wake the dead but if they got in then they would be jumped all over and licked and licked. Leo used to be very good when i walked him at night he would not leave my side. i think they are good guards of there ppl but not of your goods. they were bred to love ppl and that includs some1 that wants to pinch them or your goods
  5. Saz

Saz New Member

same here, if anyone tried to get in then my two would go bonkers but they would not attack them when whoever entered, we would hear the noise. Plus, if whoever wanted to STILL get in after they had heard the barks of my two then they would be brave :grin:
  6. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    I honestly thought at one time that Harvey would be the worst guard dog ever until one night when he shocked not only me but a rather frightened visitor to my house as well.

As a rule all mine welcome every person who comes to the house the same weather they know them or not. They love visitors and just look upon them as another person to have a cuddle off. Well one night late on a friend of the OH called and the hall way light was off when I answered the door, I asked him in. I noticed Harvey coming down the stairs but thought nothing of it. I thought this person had followed me in but when I realised he hadn't I looked down the hall way to see him pinned against the wall and a rather angry looking Harvey, hackles up and growling in a way I'd never heard before. I knew by Harvey's stance he meant business and was about to pounce. Luckily I got to Harvey and led him away by his collar and this rather tearful chap entered my house saying he'd never been so scaed in his life. Weather it was because the light was off I don't know but ever since I always make sure the lights on and its never happened again.

I saw Harvey in a different light that night and just thought I'd pity the burgeler if they tried to break in my house in the dead of night.
  7. Saz

Saz New Member

When we are out walking in the dark Kai is a differant dog, if anyone was to come out of a dark lane quickly he would go mantal. I cant be mad with him if he did, he is just protecting his family
  8. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Just have to let you all know, my rock hard staffy Harvey has just wet himself cause there's fireworks going off..............honestly all over the printer :roll:
  9. Saz

Saz New Member

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
  10. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    My tough little staffie Gypsy, would not go for a walk today..Why? because there was loud bangs coming from about 20 miles away!!!! :roll:
  11. Saz

Saz New Member

Kai runs to the corner if someones drops something on the floor upstairs and makes a bang :lol: :lol:
  12. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    nothink bothers barn when he is laying down :lol: at most he will take a deep breath ;-) but if something makes him jump when he is up and about then he does a little scuffing thing with his back legs and goes all hackles ears up and sniffy :roll: :roll: :roll:
    but he is the best dog that i have known around people (hes a big puff :shock: :lol: )

Shane ;-)
  13. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    i think that staffs are also very good at spotting a false person. a few years ago a friend of mine was 100% fails every 1 know what came out of her mouth was a load of c**p i bought a new dog in Kane (leo's father) and he was great with every 1 but her he would not let her in the house, soon after that i stopped being friends with her (as she dumped her kids left them in a cold house all nite on there own when she was out drinking)
  14. Saz

Saz New Member

Yes totally agree!!! We have a family that comes here to see us, they have a young child who is wild, Kai does not like him cos he is too noisy. Last week they camre to see Ice our pup, as ice walked over to where they were sat on the sofa Kai immediately got up and sat between Ice and the mother of the boy. I was tunned, they just asked why Kai did that, he is so protective was all i could say :grin:
  15. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie

im glad he is looking after my baby ;)
  16. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    borris would lick them to death

now bessie would attack if she felt her family was under threat! so if anyone broke in she would attack if one was to hit me or to go to hit me! not that we trained her, we had her at 8 weeks old and she just always been the same! she 100 percent with women and kids but about 50 percent with STRRANGE MALES! she loves loads of men that she knows but new men she need to suss out!
  17. dennysmum

dennysmum New Member

My dog gets funny with odd looking people who stare at him :shock: he hates it :evil: but go out for a walk and a little snapper comes at him he is gone.... :lol: leave's it to the old lady to protect him :grin: :grin:

But if its late he doesn't like people with hats on,my brother came round with his hat on and Denny went mad :evil: My brother comes round at least once a week ,normally after ive been shopping :grin: so he knows him well.
    Maybe its because he's scared he's going to eat all his food too :grin: :grin: