Has anyone else got a lab staff cross? General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by crumble, Oct 12, 2011.

1. crumble

crumble New Member

Name:
    Jon

Has anyone else got a lab staff cross?

Has anyone else got a lab staff cross cos i think i've only seen one more person with one on here, if u have would u post a pic and tell me about there behaviour etc as i'm interested to now what the cross breed is like in general and how they turn out in appearance etc, so is there anyone out there or am i the minority lol
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. chlosmum

chlosmum New Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I met my first lab staff cross when I was a few hours old ... which as I'm a gran of teenage grandchildren will give you some idea of how long ago it was.
    Flossie was 1 year old when I was born and for the next 11 years she was my best friend, my constant companion and playmate.

She looked like a lab but had a staffie personality in that she was very protective of me, which sometimes caused a problem because she wouldn't allow anyone she didn't know come anywhere near me. The lab side of her came to the fore when she was alone with my parents and me .. she then became as soft as grease and would do anything you told her.

I remember the day she died how my mum dad and I sat on my parent's bed and sobbed our hearts out!

Even though I've had many dogs since Flossie she's always had a very special place in my heart and I still often think of her.
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww sounds like she was a sweet girl. Do you have any photos of her Barbara?
  5. Deb/Pugglepup

Deb/Pugglepup New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    Hi Crumble,

I had a Lab/Staff X called Bobby. She was very similar to a staffie, brown brindle with a white flash on her chest, but with longer legs, and bigger square ears like the lab.

Her personality was absolutely wonderful. The Kids loved her, and she them. We had her from the youngest being three year old, and she lived until she was 9. The kids talk very fondly of her, and even now, still miss her. She was a very gentle dog around the children and other dogs. She was everybody's friend.

But....... She was extremely destructive!!!! I had 24 pairs of shoes when we got her....... and ended up with one of the original pairs by the time she was two!! She could open doors (being strong and a little taller), and would go on my bed and tear shreds out of my feather pillows !!

We always forgave her quite quickly.... I would have another of the same cross any day. She was probably the nicest dog that I have owned. I would recommend one, but my advice would be to keep an eye out for the chewing!!

I am sorry, don't have any photos (I owned her before digital) :lol: :lol: Just imagine a staffie but with longer legs and bigger ears (very cute) :lol:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  6. crumble

crumble New Member

Name:
    Jon
    yeah mines a bit like that too, she likes to nibble on pants and socks and she barges open doors being so strong.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    [​IMG]

That is Brownie, my 14 year old Yellow Labrador/Staffie cross (maybe some other mutt mixed in but those are the two dominant breeds). I usually say Lab/Pit bull mix. He looks more like a Labrador but his head and face do have some staffy characteristics. He loves cats, small dogs, and almost any dog that doesn't want to hurt him. He loves kids also. He's VERY hyper and always has been so he needs his walks etc. or he'll start running around the house and acting silly and barking and he sometimes still does that. He's a very healthy boy though and it's because the staffy helped him avoid hip and joint issues common in labs. Also mutts tend to be healthier animals anyways. He's extremely smart and learns quickly. He's an indoor dog but as I said... needs his walks. Brownie is an alpha dog with a strong protection streak in him, untamed... it would have turned into aggression. He'll eat anything under the sun so don't leave out cookies or other stuff he's not supposed to have. He's gentle and just awesome. He's about 70 pounds or so, not too huge but a larger dog. He sheds quite a bit as his fur is kinda fluffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2rKvMXxrpM

A video of his beautiful docile temperament. But he loves to woof also! I sure hope I helped and feel free to ask me any questions!