Has anyone ever seen something this before? General Chat

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Donna C, Sep 19, 2017.

?

Has anyone seen something like this?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Donna C

Donna C New Member

Name:
    Luna

Has anyone ever seen something this before?

My 9 year old Sharpei Luna, all of a sudden started to grow a large mass on her back leg surrounded by redness. I brought her into the vet three weeks ago and she thought the redness was just from licking and biting. The vet scheduled her for surgery to have it removed (suppose to be this Thursday). Since that time the redness has spread and there is new red bumps that have grown all around it and under her under belly. I sent some pictures to the vet last week and she prescribed antibiotics. It hasn't changed anything. I brought her in again today have it looked at and the vet doesn't know what it is. She will post on vet boards but I thought I would reach out to the Sharpei community to see if anyone has seen this before. The only change has been her food. Nutro Choice recently changed the recipe of her dog food.

If you have please contact me at [removed]

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I did a google search of conditions that may affect Shar-peis and one suggested
    Pemphigus. It's something I've never heard of, let alone come across, but may be worth a bit of research