Has your dog been diagnosed with heart failure? Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Nicole Wong, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Nicole Wong

Nicole Wong New Member

Name:
    Nicole

Has your dog been diagnosed with heart failure?

Dear dog owner,

If your dog has been diagnosed with heart failure and is currently receiving furosemide (also known as frusemide, Lasix®, Diuride®) please read on.

I am a veterinary student researching the effects of furosemide on both you and your dog's quality of life. It would be most helpful if you would take a few moments to share your thoughts and experiences by completing the following questionnaire (please note UK dog owners only). This information will be useful to improve treatment in the future. All participants will remain anonymous.

Please follow the link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D2BNH76

Thank you!
    Nicole
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Furosemide is no longer prescribed for humans or dogs here as it has been proven to cause pancreatitis in some patients. Both in humans and in dogs. Therefore I will not be filling in your link.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    My Evil one as heart condition it was discovered during her 6 week old check up, but is not on any form of medication as to yet, she will be 7 years old in August, but still acts like a puppy.
  5. Nicole Wong

Nicole Wong New Member

Name:
    Nicole
    Dear dog owner,

If your dog has been diagnosed with heart failure and is currently receiving furosemide (also known as frusemide, Lasix®, Diuride®) please read on.
    I am a veterinary student researching the effects of furosemide on both you and your dog's quality of life. It would be most helpful if you would take a few moments to share your thoughts and experiences by completing the following questionnaire (please note UK dog owners only). This information will be useful to improve treatment in the future. All participants will remain anonymous.

Please follow the link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D2BNH76

Thank you!
    Nicole
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I lost my old dog, Tweed, in April last year. A gradually failing heart was one of the contributing factors. She was initially given Frusemide, but this made her drip urine, so she was taken off it, and had several more comfortable months on Vetmedin.
    I haven't followed the link as you do say, 'currently', but will do so if you would like me to.