Health Questions with my Mal General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Christopher Neilson, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Christopher Neilson

Christopher Neilson New Member

Name:
    Chriatopher

Health Questions with my Mal

I have been a proud Belgian Malinois owner for over three years now. I have a perfect and amazing purebred Mal. But in the last 6 to 8 weeks have had an issue with her bladder control she will occasionally get very relaxed and the best way I can describe it is a leak as it does not seem to be a actively or purposefully wetting of her bed or a blanket.

The doctors did all the test they cannot find anything and before I spend hundreds or thousands of dollars doing an ultrasound and such I wanted to know if any other owners have had Urinary tract or bladder problems (something similar to what I described) with your Mal and what it ended up being just looking for a little guidance here.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Is your Malinois spayed? Was she spayed young?
  4. Christopher Neilson

Christopher Neilson New Member

Name:
    Chriatopher
    Yes she was she was spayed when she was 7-8 months old
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Spaying a dog when young can sometimes lead to incontinence, this isn’t breed specific
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Have a read up on Spay Incontinence. My Beagle girl has it as a senior, but the latest evidence seems to show it happening more in larger breeds that are spayed pre-pubescently. Merry has a small dose of Propalin syrup each night to control it, and we try to make sure that she has as short a night as practicable. She has multiple layers of easily laundered bedding too. From desperation point, we are now down to an average of one leak a month!
    Good luck.