Heart murmur 4 out of 6 Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Andriana, May 14, 2020.

1. Andriana

Andriana New Member

Name:
    Molly

Heart murmur 4 out of 6

Hi there, i have a puppy of 8 weeks and at her first vet visit she was detected with hear murmur, the breeder told me it'sa very mild one but I wanted to check her one more time to be sure and was told from two different vets that she is a 4 out of 6 grade heart murmur. I don’t know what to do , I became so attached to her but if she has a severe disease I cannot afford to pay her surgery also it’s going to be emotionally hard. I have the possibility to return her. Is anybody here who have experience with such disease and can help me with an advice?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I have never had any experience of a puppy with a heart murmur so can only refer you to the following site:
    https://metro-vet.com/my-pet-was-diagnosed-with-a-heart-murmur-what-does-that-mean/
    where it states
    It is so very easy to get emotionally attached to a new puppy and so very difficult to return it to its breeder, and you must also think of what the puppy might have to go through, but if I were in such a position I think I would have to go with my head and not my heart.

I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear and it is my opinion only. Others who are more experienced with heart conditions may be able to advise you better than I.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    There isn't much I can add to what @Malka has said, - and the article that she supplied.
    You are in a heartbreaking position, and it is going hurt like hell, but the sensible answer must be to return the puppy to her breeder. I'm sorry, I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to read.
  5. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Even healthy Frenchie’s its expensive too maintain their health. I’m in agreement with the others unfortunately.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    As this thread is a year old and the OP hasn't been back, I doubt your advice will reach them.