Hello everyone! (Spinone information wanted ) Questions

Discussion in 'Italian Spinone' started by BCBOBB, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BCBOBB

BCBOBB New Member

Name:
    Linda

Hello everyone! (Spinone information wanted )

Hi there, I'm new to this Dogsey site and am hoping to hear from anyone out there who owns a Spinone. Although they are primarily HPR Gundogs, would they settle for just being a companion, country walking (lots!!!), fireside family pet; with less Italian genes in them and more English?? Advice welcomed.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    No advice I'm afraid but welcome.

[​IMG]
  4. suecurrie

suecurrie New Member

Name:
    Sue
    No advice from me either but welcome to Dogsey:grin:
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Hello and welcome.

In answer to your question, yes they will settle as a family pet.

A very laid back breed, contact the breed club, they will be able to point you in the direction of good breeder.
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Hiya and welcome.

I don't own a Spinone but two of my three sisters do :grin: One sister has four of them and the other just one. All are pets/companions. The one with four Spins used to show hers as well, but gave that up a few years ago.

They are very laidback and make excellent family pets.

As Jackbox has said, contact the breed club and they will be able to advise about breeders and pups that are due etc.

Just a word of warning though they seem to shed hair all year round (very short wire hair that gets everywhere!) and they also have a beard which gets wet when they drink and catches food and all sorts of nasties when they eat :mrgreen: Other than that, they are lovely dogs. :mrgreen:
  7. BCBOBB

BCBOBB New Member

Name:
    Linda
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I shall look forward to being a member and sharing info and advice. Its great. I just wished I hadn't read out allowed the replies from Moobli about Spins, I've now got to convince my partner Jim again, whom I might add, doesn't do so bad with food and dribbles in his beard!!!!