Help! Trying to finding a good breeder - French Bulldog Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Melissa Braconnier, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Melissa Braconnier

Melissa Braconnier New Member

Name:
    Melissa

Help! Trying to finding a good breeder - French Bulldog

Hi All,

I am looking to get a French Bulldog puppy.
    I have been doing my homework for about a year now.
    I am well aware of some of the health complications the breed has and warning signs to look out for when finding a good breeder. HOWEVER, so many 'good' breeders that are registered with the KC are still allowed to breed 'rare' colours. I want to find a breeder that believes this is unethical and only breeds the colours acknowledged by the KC. Can anyone provide any links or contact details for breeders that adhere to these rules? Thank you :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Your best chance of finding a responsible breeder is through a breed club, as members sign up to a code of ethics which is more stringent than the basic KC recommendations. The French Bulldog Club of England is the parent club for the breed, (Google their website), but you will find that there are also satellite breed clubs - usually covering smaller geographical areas.
    Normally I would say watch for the when and where the breed shows are held, and get to know which breeders have type you like. However, there are no shows at present, and most responsible breeders initially put their breeding plans on hold during lockdown, so this is a bad time to be searching for a quality puppy. You will probably need to ask to be added to the waiting list of one of the more successful breeders.