Help Questions

Discussion in 'St. Bernard' started by Haley Bernard, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Haley Bernard

Haley Bernard New Member

Name:
    Haley

Help

First time Saint owner. Bought my male puppy for a pretty penny. Mistakes were made when purchasing him, I only saw pictures of mom & dad and she kinda tossed him off and left. As a puppy he seemed very Bernardy. As he matures his nose is getting longer and his coloring is off? Do you think he is? I know I can pay for dna testing but that’s a little expensive at the moment. I’m just looking for opinions.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    So hard to tell when it isn't your breed but I think you have cause to doubt that he is pure bred. There is a kind of Pyrennean look about him.
    Do you have registration and pedigree papers? If so, I would definitely have a dna test done and armed with that result, would challenge her. Beware though, if this is a substandard breeder she is likely to offer a refund as long as you return the puppy - knowing full well.that most people will not part with a puppy that they have grown to love! If that was the case, I think your only redress would be through the legal system.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I tend to agree with @CaroleC - I do not know much about those breeds but his skull is not the correct shape for a pure-bred St Bernard.