Here we go again - Wolfdog crosses Controversial

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Tupacs2legs, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla

Here we go again - Wolfdog crosses

here we go again :-(

crossing unique dogs for a selling point,not even knowing about the dogs they are crossing :-(

first... among other things.. what is a salt and pepper husky? and whats a grade 3 wolf? and how do u get that from crossing a sibe with a swd?

2nd.. advertised as csv...but look closer and mum is 88% lmao how do u get that figure? oh and the usual gumph cos it has inuit its healthier :-(

thought it was dying down :-( :-( :-( :-(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    So sad he is advertising the second link as 'available christmas week' numb nuts:-(
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    There is a Utonagan cross mastiff litter on one of those sites too...
  5. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    When I read ads like those two, I often find myself being both amused and annoyed at their obvious ignorance and or stupidity.

The first ad you linked is quite an old one btw. As for grade 3 wolf, I expect the idiot read f3 wolfdog somewhere couldn't remember the exact wording, didn't know what it really meant anyway, so improvised.

The second ad is quite recent though. They got their dogs from shoshone, and they've just got another pure csv from her, assuming these are the same people she's refered to, so yeah, next time it'll be 98% csv lol.

You and I better be careful anyway, as we don't want a slap on the wrist from Murph now do we.:lol:
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The other cross I saw was a Rough collie and a siberian husky..They are selling as '' WHITE WOLF X LASSIE''.
    First time i have seen rough collies been bought in to the wolf look mix ...
  7. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Why are people doing this? I know am often wrong but it all appears to be for money, dogs welfare or interests not first priority. Some breeders am sure try to do all they can to ensure pups/dogs go to suitable homes and things do sometimes go wrong, but this is all getting out of hand:-(
  8. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    lol still dont make em a f3 does it ...yes the second people used to call themselves 'hebridiean wolf' didnt they? if they are the same i didnt think they were on talking terms with shoshone (confuzzed,fill me in)

i remember something to do with pacino and shoshone ;-) ...i thought only one of their dogs was pure csv

lol why would we get a slapped wrist from murph..weve only mentioned shoshone three times lol ;-)
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    well we saw this avo someone wanting a mal x goldie..why on earth???
  10. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I remember that ad.

Wasn't collie used in the utonagan? don't think anyone has ever stated which breed of collie it was. In some ways it would make sence for rough collie to have been used, it would certainly have given the ut a longer, heavier coat, which would added to the wolfy appearance being aimed for, alond with straiter tails.
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Guide dog for an Eskimo..:roll:
  12. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Sorry if this sounds silly but I have in the not too distant past looked at 'wolf lookalike/type dogs' with a view to possibly adopting one in the future, although from what have read, not a good idea as things are for us now. There seems to be a lot of different views as to what is going on with apparently reputable breeders/ kennels and not so reputable also, are these dogs the latest up and coming fad/status dog? Don't want to cause upset to anyone(and don't know much about them other than what have read really), but am interested all the same
    Many thanks
  13. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ... an n.i or swh as a status dog is laughable

...but a csv as one is scary :-(
  14. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Thankyou,no offence, but that's not much help, Am not a mole or anything :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Nope, doesn't make them an f3, but these are wolf lookalikes remember, which means that information doesn't have to be accurate, or even partly so.

Don't think that they are hebridean wolfdogs, he owned a pure csv and a tamaskan. Also, one of the tamaskan breeders contacted him recently regarding a dog that was advertized for rehoming, they were enquiring as to wether it was one of his, and if so, if he was aware of it being rehomed. Apparently his last litter was about a year ago, at least, can't remember the exact number of months, and no, the dog wasn't one of his. I'd also expect him to know what an f3 wolfdog actually is.

However, shoshone (4 times now lol), does have a dog of his breeding (tamaskan x csv), not sure if he gave her the dog, or she got it threw someone else, or if he even bred it, but given the mix, it looks likely to have come from him at some point. This is before shoshone (5) started to update her site, and removed the info about what her british wolfdogs are a mix of.

As for pacino, I thought he had more than 1 pure csv now. I know shoshone (6 now we're really going to get it lol) has imported another one, this may even be the one that is going to the people advertizing their 88% csvs.
  16. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I think what Tupac was trying to say was that, an ni and esp a saarloos or swh, does not have the temperament required to be a successful hardman's penis extention.

Where as a csv, given its original purpose as a border patrol and guard, could, which would be a disaster for the breed in this country.
  17. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ah yes have seen the csv x tamaskan...yes soz got confuzzed then(not hard lol) and oh yes 'pacino' defo has more than one lol :)
    yip ;-) thanks tazer lol :)

eta.. 0 times ;-)
  18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    It will never die down..
  19. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Thankyou 'hardman's p**** extension':lol: I have never even seen a 'wolfdog' in real life but am really quite fascinated by them, they're lovely. Don't want to be nosey, only want to learn for if can ever adopt one later on, maybe an older dog as don't think would be able to keep up with a young dog by then:roll:
  20. Vicki_Ann

Vicki_Ann New Member

Name:
    Vicki-Ann
    I really hope they don't start getting churned out as status dogs.

With their look and the general ignorance of the great british public they will be on the banned breeds list in record time :-(

All it will take will be a few attacks by wolf lookalike status dogs.
  21. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I'm not so sure esp with the wolf lookalikes, as despite some peoples wishes sbts and rots haven't been banned yet, thankfully.

As for the csv, which I refuse to call a wolf lookalike, on the grounds that it was developed using actual wolves, to work, not to satisfy someone's assthetic preferences, it is far more likely in such an event to be re-added to the DWA list, than be banned under the DDA, though in some ways the latter would be preferable if such a situation ever arises.