HI from me, Hovis and Ellen Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by ndidi, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    6JRT's and Azz like this.

HI from me, Hovis and Ellen

Hi
    I am from dogsey but thought I would introduce myself on here. I have got two dogs Ellen who is the first dog that was mine. Ellen is a 10 years old Golden Retriever and is a retired breeding dog from the Guide Dogs. She is very mellow and a perfect first pet but can be a bit stubborn. She got spay incontinence when she was payed after retiring so if anyone has any idea that might help me that would be great. Ellen is on Propalin and soya milk for this but anymore advice would be very helpful. I have had her since she was 4 years old and when she retired I got another dog who she is best friends with. Hovis is a 3 year old black Labrador crossed with a Golden Retriever. I have had Hoivs for 2 years now. She is very goofy, cheeky, very smart and like to try and run thing round here but I am getting sorted with her. She is expecting her second litter in a few weeks and I can't wait for lots of tiny guide dogs to be to arrive. She looks huge and is expecting between 7/8 puppies. I am hoping to do the good citizen awards with her. Also might do some agility as she need lots of work and enjoys learning new things.

Hope to join in and have fun here.

Ndidi
    ps here is a photo of both of them from a while ago.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Sally, welcome to Breedia :023:
  4. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Welcome to Breedia Sally :039:
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hello and welcome to you and your lovely dogs.

I once had a cocker bitch, Jessie, who was incontinent in her old age. She was on Propalin (hadn't heard of using soya milk) but other than that I just stocked up on puppy pads and lots of vet beds. (And lots of washing powder!). I don't know if Dorwest Herbs or any other herbal company do anything for incontinence.

Looking forward to hearing all about the happy event when it happens!
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Welcome to Breedia .... we've already met on Dogsey.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    HI :039:,A friend had this problem with her bitch and she used ‘hold it’ from CSJ, with good results another that may help is Apple Cider Vinegar
  8. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hello Sally :) welcome..
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
  10. Milana

Milana New Member

Name:
    Milanda
    You have two beautiful dogs :)
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hi Sally - it is nice to see you here - welcome to Breedia! :)
  12. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    HI thanks I am glad to be here Hovis is getting huge and look like a pear when she lies down as the puppies spread out sideways.
    Sally
  13. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    HI can't wait as puppies are due this week. All sorted now just waiting for the to arrive

Ndidi
  14. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    Hovis looked like she was going to have her puppies last night, as her temp dropped below 37 degrees. Which is one of the first signs that labor is going to start. So I got up every few hours to check on her but no puppies yet. She is looking like they are on their way so it is just a waiting game. But hoping not to loose to much more sleep. My mum and I went to sleep in our clothes so that we were ready in case it all got going but no such luck. She is huge and looks very uncomfortable. She has been digging her bed a bit and panting some but no more signs yet. She keeps looking like she will start then tailing off again.

Any way just a matter of time now. Have let my work know that I won't be in today as has my mum. Now we just hang around and wait for it to get going. My mum helps me with writing things down and keeping note and if needed she is a spare pair of hands to dry and help puppies if one is slow to get going.

I think Hovis will have quite a few puppies as she is so big.

Will let you know if things get going if I can but keep your fingers crossed and send lot of vibes to start Hovis's labor. Hopefully before today is done I will have lots of tiny healthy guide dogs here.

Ndidi (me), Hovis, Ellen and my mum.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope all goes well. It is so warm today, she must be tired. I hope there are not too many puppies in there.
  16. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    Hi we have 8 live puppies and one stil born. puppy one arrive OK but after an hour puppy two wasn't coming and so we went of to the vets as it is 1/2 an hour away so by the time we got sorted out and arrived it was two hours and Puppy two was born in the back of the car as we arrived at the vets where we went for her to be scanned. No one was stuck and all puppies left looked OK as far it the vet could tell. So my mum and I sat with her at the vet and she eventually had two more puppies the fifth to arrived was stillborn and when they checked the heart beat of the puppies left had dropped a bit. Puppy 6 arrived whilst she was being scanned. It was then decided as the puppies looked to be struggling and hovis didn't seem to be getting anywhere very fast that she would have a c section. Puppy 7 arrived whilst Hovis was going under which was good as she ( the puppy) was struggling. Then puppies 8 and 9 arrived via the section. All are OK and home safe with Hovis who is being a great mum. I am knackered and I am off to relax a bit. They were all black 5 boys 3 girls. They are all very vigorous and should all be fine.

Sally
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pleased that the wait is over and Mum and puppies are doing well.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    So sorry you lost one. Major gentle cuddles for Hovis. xx
  19. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I'm not surprised you're exhausted - hope you've recovered by now and are able to enjoy those wonderful puppies!

It's so sad that one was stillborn, but I hope that Hovis and the litter continue to do well.
  20. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    thanks everyone. I am recovering slowly. They have been checked by the brood supervisor and all well. She has taken the stillborn puppy with her to have Him checked.
  21. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Hi and welcome :)