Hi From My American Foxhound, Chloe Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Photosytes, May 27, 2018.

1. Photosytes

Photosytes New Member

Name:
    Tricia
    GsdSlave likes this.

Hi From My American Foxhound, Chloe

Just wanted to introduce myself and my rescue hound. I live in Ontario, Canada and work as a nature photographer. We rescued Chloe the American Foxhound 6 months ago. Our previous dog was a Labrador Retriever.
    20180424_103135.jpg
    Chloe is a wonderfully sweet dog that loves people, especially children, other dogs and cats. She goes a bit crazy for rabbits and deer but usually could care less for squirrels.
    20180522_075116.jpg
    We were surprised to find her energy levels to be moderate (only needs 2 walks, usually 4 km in the morning and 1-2 in the evening, plus training, enrichment and sniffing for treats). We have no idea if this is normal or she's just laid back.
    20180423_140243.jpg
    She has some sound phobias and some weird behaviours we are still working on. When she came to us she seemed to have little knowledge of human language.
    Any other foxhound owners out there? Would love to compare notes.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi Tricia and welcome. Chloe is lovely and looks so chilled out even in her photo's.

Your job must be so amazing. I jealous :) x
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a pretty Foxhound Chloe is, and she loves her cuddly toy I see.
    My veteran Beagles also manage to keep fit with limited exercise. They are down to about 2 miles a day now, due to our declining level of fitness, but I have jumps in the garden for them, and they continue to learn new things.
    My girl has sound sensitivity to siren noises like house and car alarms - even when they are on the TV. It can be annoying if she Arrooo's around midnight, but her ears tighten and she is genuinely unsettled by them, not just being naughty.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Tricia and lovely Chloe :007: - welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me :039: