Hi I am Pacco the Malinois Training

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by PaccotheMalino, Oct 5, 2020.

1. PaccotheMalino

PaccotheMalino New Member

Name:
    Pacco

Hi I am Pacco the Malinois

Hello everybody.

My name is Pacco and I am a Belgian Shepard Malinois. I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I am just few month old male puppy..
    I was actually born on 31st of June 2020, so yeah I am still one freaking cute puppy.

Also did I mention I am very playfull and energized? And I loooooove being outside playing with my toys including ropes and balls. Also I am very jealous towards my daddy owner and even tho I am young I don't like him petting other dogs in front of me. I am the one that is worth all the attention.

My owner had a dog before me and It was some unknown breed, I don't know, I think they call them Huskies. Pffft never heard of them.. So yeah I eavesdroped my dad talking to a friend telling him he's satisfied with me for now and he's more happy to have me than he had been having that "Husky".. Or he said something like that..

Anyways thank your for reading all this intro. Now I'd like to ask you some question about my training and discipline so I can teach my dad how to make me even more happy.
    1) when is the best time to teach me new basic tricks like obedience, focus and sit, stay, lay down words?
    2) how do I manifest in front of the children when I get older?
    3) when and how much do I shred?
    Aaand what other cool-ety cool tricks you taught your best friend?

Thank you and see you soon
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi and welcome:

1 As soon as they come home so from around 7-8 weeks, but kind training only. Treats, play and cuddles work great as a reward for work. Training sessions short and sweet throughout the day - when the adverts are on TV work great as enough time to work, but not too long to get bored or 5 minute sessions until you get a little older

2 Not sure what you mean, but you should be getting used to children of all ages now. Tell dad not to let them overpower you, but to stroke gently and no more than one at a time.

3 Not had a Mali so not sure

4 You can learn anything your dad wishes to show you. The only limitation is his imagination :)
  4. tundraman

tundraman New Member

Name:
    phil
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    1 short training sessions 5 to 10 minutes at a time
    3 they shed but they don't blow their coat like a husky
    4 learn every thing you can if you can get into dog sports my puppy does barn hunt scent work dock diving working dog trials along with some protection training
  5. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    SELL IT!!!!! Worst puppies ever!!!
  6. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    ;). They really are, but they are so rewarding!!!! He’s gonna try your patience and then push you more!!!

I truly despised my little lady at first, but at 5 months I am so exited to get home!! She runs out of the crate to stretch on me and “kiss” my face. I even get little ear nibbles (soft) when she needs attention.

have fun with him!! Know you will be tired for a bit (I just started the police academy here which leaves be why about 3-4 hours of sleep a night), but she is sooooo worth it. My hands show how much this little turd loves me

Attached Files:

7. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    I missed your questions. I waited until 4 months. She wasn’t interested until then. I hand feed mine. But when they finally get interested, they learn REALLY quickly

not sure what you mean with children, but I have a 4 year old and she feeds her by hand with me. They play A LOT. I just have to watch and “defuse” the situation when I can tell she is about to get mouthy. I grab a toy and slow her to bite her for a bit. Then back to my daughter.

willow is still too young for much more, but I hope that helps. Enjoy your pup!!

Edit: and BTW, I live is a 700 sq ft apartment

Attached Files: