Hi, when to get the vaccines... Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Evita, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Evita

Evita New Member

Name:
    Charu

Hi, when to get the vaccines...

Hi,

We recently brought home a french bulldog and have named him Theodore or Theo for short. He is 37 days old and i wanted to know when should we get him vaccinated. Please help.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Evita and CaroleC like this.
    Theo is very young to have left his mother/litter-mates. Was he checked by a vet before you brought him home? You should have him checked as soon as possible and take the vet's advice regarding vaccinations.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Evita like this.
    I agree with what @Malka has said.
    I don't know where you are but in England, under Lucy's Law, it is illegal to sell a puppy of below 8 weeks, and you cannot normally take out insurance below this age.
    Make sure that your puppy has been wormed, and do not let him off your own property until your vet says it is safe to do so.
  5. Evita

Evita New Member

Name:
    Charu
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Thanks, Malka and Carole. I am in India and here they gave us the pup at the tender age. Though we did consult a vet and he suggested that Theo can be vaccinated now, i wanted to be doubly sure and hence asked on the forum. For sure we are not going to take him out anytime soon.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Evita likes this.
    I cannot get my hands on Tikva's original vet card at the moment but I think she had her first puppy shot at about a month old.

Apart from not taking Theo out until he has had all his puppy shots, I would advise not letting people from outside your household handle him until then.
  7. Evita

Evita New Member

Name:
    Charu
    Thanks, Malka. I suppose Theo can get his shots anytime now. A visit to the vet is due.

Yeah, for sure i will not allow anyone else to handle him. As it is covid times, people are anyways staying away.

I also had a query regarding the amount of food that should be fed to him... and how many times a day... any advice on that...
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Evita likes this.
    What are you feeding Theo? I am a raw feeder so cannot advise about kibble but other people will be able to give you advice about amounts.

Theo should be having four small meals a day at his age, and always make sure he has plenty of fresh water down all the time.

Oh, and if you have any photographs of him, please do post them to share with us!
  9. Evita

Evita New Member

Name:
    Charu
    I am feeding him cerelac and a little royal canine four times a day. We also took him to a vet yesterday and got a whole lot of information. He will be getting his first shots in a couple of days but he was dewormed yesterday.

He does keep on drinking water throughout the day. I will update my profile pic with his picture today.

Thanks a ton for advising and keeping the connection alive.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh my, what a gorgeous little pup! :049: Theo does look very young and so cute! Cerelac is a baby cereal and he should be able to just have puppy food very soon. I remember Tikva paddling in baby cereal when I was weaning her off her bottle - then having to rinse her off under the tap!