Honey's lost her fluff!!! Photos

Discussion in 'Leonberger' started by pxxuk, Nov 21, 2006.

1. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula

Honey's lost her fluff!!!

Well, hot off the press is Honey and look... she's lost most of her fluffiness!! Her back is now completely grown out and she just has the bit on her head and the sides on her back legs/end which is also starting to come out. I dont know if her head will get any less fluffy... but I thought I'd let you see. My mum was most disappointed when she visited us last weekend saying "awww, she's not fluffy anymore, she looks like a grown up dog :(" :lol:

Look at that pose, I hope she will grow into those shoulders and paws ha haha...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look into my eyes, not around the eyes, but into the eyes...:shock: [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    It doesn't take anything away from her. I think she still looks fluffy. She is absolutely gorgeous. How tall is she now?
  4. hectorsmum

hectorsmum New Member

Name:
    julie
    she's looking really good now. the colour on her back will be her final colour.
    Hector had a stipe down his back when he started his adult coat.
    She'll keep some of the fluff on her head especially round the ears.

But doesn't she look like a true Leo!!
    Lovely black mask.

xxxxxx
  5. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Yes, she is still very pretty, I was worried that might go as she grew but its still there! Snoop is 25" from front paw to shoulder and Honey is now 20" so she is going to overtake him soon! She always had that dark stripe on her back which has now sort of spread out a little and gone like a dark burnt orange colour...
  6. leospride

leospride New Member

Name:
    Dee
    She is looking lovely :)
    How old is she now?
    I've just 'acquired' another leo girl, I'd forgotten how much hard work puppies are :lol:
  7. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    She's so scrummy. Poses like the sitting one just makes me want to throw my arms around her neck... :D
    [​IMG]
  8. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Lost her fluff maybe.. but she hasn't lost her good looks.. she's stunning :)
  9. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Thanks Ian... :mrgreen:

Yes Vicki but you wouldnt say that if you knew what I had to do every day!! House training is still not happening - her little puddles have turned into lakes almost overnight!! AND to top it off, she's chewed an even bigger hole in my new sofa!!!! But on the plus side, she gets up on the sofa at night for a cuddle now :)

How long should it take to house train a Leo puppy when you live alone and work?? (I do come home at lunchtime for an hour and I work shifts so its not as bad as it sounds). When I was doing my research, a Leo owner told me it took her a year to train hers... is it really going to take that long? I know I keep asking but I dont think my floor is going to take much more! I cant leave newspaper down cos she tears it into tiny shreads and the puppy pads just cant take the amount she puts out lol. Any suggestions? I am even considering getting a crate but I dont know if she would take that, especially as Snoop has never had one and wont be in one...
  10. hectorsmum

hectorsmum New Member

Name:
    julie
    Hector was dry, day and night by the time he was 5 months:shock:

Probably cause I'm home all day and it was summer.
    It will take longer with you working, just keep trying it will happen.

The crate is a good idea, if you have the space :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another tip is try taking her water off her by 9pm and just reduce the amount in her bowl in the mornings.

Or you could try a cork :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Thanks Hectorsmum... I used to take her water away in the evenings before but then I got to thinking that her bladder would never be 'trained' if I restrict her water intake and I didnt know whether it was being cruel or not... but it did work so I might try that again until she learns to control herself a bit more. We did have a very good spell a few weeks ago but it all seems to go to pot when I go back to work... I think she gets a bit rebellious because I am home for 4 days and then suddenly I'm gone because I have to go back to work... I can see that she probably gets confused by it all but I have to work to feed and shelter us all...

Yes, it would need to be a very large crate and God knows where I'd put it!
  12. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Just thought I'd let you know, Honey has had another few good days. Taking the water away in the evenings has worked wonders but I do make sure she has lots when I am here with her to make up for it. Thanks guys :mrgreen:

PS I have invested in a crate which will be here next week, Lord knows how she will take to that!!! :shock: