How am I going to explain this? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, May 28, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

How am I going to explain this?

Amit telephoned earlier to say he would be bringing my spectacles shortly, and "oh, do not worry but I will not be in my car". :017:

Ten minutes later and there was an almighty VROOM zooming down my ramp and parking outside my door. Shock horror, it was an ambulance first-responder! He was on emergency call so was all kitted out with hi-vis yellow jacket and full face helmet - and on this gigantic bright yellow first-responder motorbike [the sort with two front wheels].

How in Hades am I going to explain that? :005:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Wow it sounds like you have your very own......Action Man
    Is it the same prescription? My new prescription took a few days for my eyes/Brian to cooperate together !
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Oh no !
    I’m not sure who Brian is.....you must have guessed I meant brain
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Action Man is the right description! He is very tall and well built, and Lord knows what people must have thought. We drive on the right here so he must have crossed over and up on the dropped kerb by the tractor path and gone on the pavement past my neighbour, [the only way I can get onto the road to cross it to go the macolet or to get back] which is why I did not see him until he swung onto my ramp.

Those first-responder bikes are massive and they are so loud. Poor Tikki did not know what to make of this thing outside my door, and she did not recognise Amit until he took his helmet off. Even then she kept looking across the road to where he normally parks his car, puzzled as to what was going on.

Ah, my spectacles. They are bifocals [the half and half type, not with just a little reading bit at the bottom] and it was the distance part that needed changing, although of course complete new lenses had to be made. I will wait and see if they are OK and if so then he will reglaze my other ones. I do not wear them when I am indoors and on my crutches as face-planting on a stone floor is not a good idea when wearing spectacles - been there, done that, and made a mess of my face more than a few times. I have previous prescription computer spectacles all over the place as they are mid-distance for when I am prepping or cooking, or filling pill boxes in my bedroom. Still need a magnifying to read small print. I think my current computer lenses are still OK - but then again I have to increase the size of the font on certain websites.

As for your Brian/brain - I did actually read it as brain, but then I frequently mis-read words! :D
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Tell 'em all Superman came to call. That should keep 'em guessing.

Hope the glasses work out for you. It's a pain getting used to a new prescription, but worth the effort :)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It had been a long time since the last change of prescription and that one was a very long time since the one before that. It should not take too long to get used to the change though - I hope!
    When Superman turned up on that huge yellow thing, wearing a matching yellow jacket and helmet, roared down my ramp and parked right outside my door, it must have raised a few eyebrows, but at least he did not put the flashing red lights and siren on! :043:
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    You'll be popular over the next few days. All the neighbours will be clamoring to find out who the yellow ninja was :)
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Getting people wondering now, because Action man, aka Superman, aka The Yellow Ninja woz 'ere again! :D This time it was to collect some things I had for him, as the ambulance station have some places to take food and clothes that are donated, where people in need can get things for free.

Like many others I always buy an extra tin or pack of something when I shop, but the person who used to collect things for families on the Moshav has not been around for ages, so I had a box full. As for clothes, it is now wardrobe clear-out time again. :rolleyes: