How can... General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, May 3, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

How can...

... a king-size duvet cover turn inside out when in the washing machine? :017:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Because duvet covers have a wicked sense of humour. I now fasten the press studs before I put them in the machine so stop 'em doing tricks :)
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I haven't had mine then inside out, but they do collect and bag up any smaller items. Thanks Chris, I was too dim to think of closing the poppers for myself!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This cover had buttons, not press studs. I say "had" because Pereg chewed each one in half when she was a very young puppy and teething, and I did not replace them. Sewing has difficult for me at the best of times and tbh I did not think it worth the effort. In addition, as the cover is so long it did not seem to matter if it was not done up at the bottom. Pereg was not much of a chewer but for some unknown reason had a thing about these buttons and did one after the other - not all at the same time though! :D
    It is even worse in the dryer Carole - even pillow cases end up full of nikkies and other small items. :rolleyes: It takes longer to sort out everything once dry than it took to dry them in the first place!
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A good job that I don't have a drier in that case!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I could not manage to do my own washing without a dryer - only use the low heat and never overfill it - and it is far cheaper to run than a lot of people think. There are a lot of things I can no longer do but at least I have the satisfaction of being able to do my own washing! :)
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    I don't have a washing line. Out of the washing machine into the dryer then onto hangers and away. Anything that makes life easy is fine by me lol
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My solar panels and boiler are on three scaffolding poles sunk into the concrete patio, and when I moved into this bungalow I strung lines from one to the other to the other. There was also some sort of bracket on the wall so more lines could be strung from two of the poles to that.

But in those days I could stand when wearing my leg braces to hang things out and bring them in. Problem was that everything ended up stiff as a board, plus the sun bleached all dark clothes, and trying to heave wet duvet covers and/or sheets over the lines was not much fun.

And I had nowhere to hang things to dry in the winter - no central heating either - so I had wet stuff on clothes-horse/racks [whatever they are called] everywhere indoors which took days to dry [and left did not leave me enough room to move]. Plus the whole bungalow felt damp.

So I bought a very inexpensive dryer and if this one packs up I will replace it.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just thinking - for me a tumble dryer is essential. But I do not have and have never wanted a dishwasher, and yet for many people that is an essential item.

Each to his own.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I've got one of those as well, Juli. As said, anything that makes life easier is fine by me :).

All I have to do now is teach the hubby how to empty it, but, alas, me thinks that will be an uphill struggle
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I would not have room for a dishwasher Chris, even if I wanted one - I do not even have enough space in my tiny kitchen for a cooker!

Anyhow there is only me so why would I need a dishwasher? Possibly when my offspring were young one would have come in handy, but now? Nah - I am satisfied with what I have and consider myself lucky to have what I have [three "have's" in one sentence - bad grammar I think!].