How long till my long legged staffy is fully grown Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by maddie09, Jun 18, 2013.

1. maddie09

maddie09 New Member

Name:
    wayne

How long till my long legged staffy is fully grown

hi have a 3 quater staffy x colli and was wondering whe he head will crack if it doesbeing a cross and also when will she be fully grown thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Inglenook

Inglenook New Member

Name:
    United Kingdom
    I imagine height wise fully grown at 9 months :)
  4. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    If he is a Staff/Collie his head may not split....
  5. Inglenook

Inglenook New Member

Name:
    United Kingdom
    What happens when the head splits? Is this something to do with the muscle formation on the top of his head? Never heard of it!
  6. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Glad it's not just me that didn't have a clue what that meant. Sounds horrific!
  7. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hello Wayne :) I have always understood the 'head splitting' is a myth or maybe just an incorrect term .

I thought when Staffs start to mature they develop muscular heads and their heads get wider , nothing to do with head splitting though .
  8. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    It's a phrase used to describe the change in a dogs head when their head/facial muscles develop and they get a crevice (for want of a better word) down the centre of their head between their head muscles. Their skulls do not actually crack or split.....even though some people will swear they do! Doesn't seem to occur to them that their brains would fall out if their skulls did actually split!
  9. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Samson is 20 months now and his head is still bulking out, he has changed a lot over the last month, I think body growth is up to 2 years and mentally still maturing till 3.
  10. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Just maybe the other breed involved in this cross may have some influence in the development of your dog.
    So maturity and head shape may be difficult to predict
  11. Kazzyhoney

Kazzyhoney New Member

Name:
    Kazzy
    I have a staffie x collie and she is 11 months old. Her head won't split. She has stopped growing too much height wise I'm now waiting for her to grow broader x