How many Chihuahua owners here? General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by x-clo-x, Jun 13, 2012.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe

How many Chihuahua owners here?

seeing as i want a bigger breed, i do not know why these dogs keep catching my eye and making me read about them :lol:

i really like the idea of owning a chihuahua one day, would have to be a smooth coated one though, and preferably a cream (not fussy am i :lol: )

how many chis do we have on here?

they certainly take my fancy anyway, from what people say, when they are allowed to be proper dogs they can be a joy to own, and are actually rather intelligent.

i was thinking though, how on earth would you feed a chi on raw? i imagine a chicken wing is rather alot weight wise for one :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    My Pixie is not much bigger than a chi - way smaller than pet bred ones - she has 2 chicken wings - tonight she had a pigs tail! Gross LOL
  4. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    x-clo-x - be honest here - is there any breed you haven't considered getting as your next dog? I've lost count!
    :grin:
  5. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    My daughter has 3 chis - all fed on raw. All thrive on it. One won't touch chicken wings, the other 2 adore them. She just gives them a whole chicken wing each - obviously they cannot usually manage to eat a whole wing at one sitting, but lazy little madam cannot be bothered to cut them into 3!! They eat everything that my 2 large boys eat re raw, just far less of it of course - bones are their FAVE!
  6. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    I have 2 Chi's, but not fed on raw, sorry!
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    :lol: :lol: i was thinking more on how much they are allowed in a daily feed, surely a chicken wing is a big portion?

oh there's loads of dogs i want :lol: :lol: hope to own them all at some point (good job im young :lol: ) but i already know my next dog is a weim, i wont change my mind on that, chihuahuas just intrigue me because they are really small :lol:

aww bless them :lol: suppose you can cut them up into smaller portions.
  8. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    I do know of a breeder local to me who does feed raw though
  9. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    how much do they eat in a day? average for cresteds is about 125g a day.
  10. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I can - daughter is too lazy :shock: :shock:
  11. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Daughter's best male has won Best in Show (not pedigree, but fun dog shows) several times, and is virtually always placed somewhere in every class he enters. His coat is absolutely amazing. Her little bitch, who I wouldn't give you tuppence for personally, but she has won Best Bitch several times because of her condition. The only one who doesn't do well is the youngest little boy who is long haired. I would not consider feeding any dog on anything other than raw it has to be said, but my daughter's 3 are a glowing testimonial for BARF.
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    What happened to the Flat coat :?
  13. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    The flatcoat was (in the thread I posted) was a breed I would consider because nana said I couldn't have a Weim, but could have a big dog. I decided to wait because I want a Weim. I never said I am going out and getting a flatcoat. Dont see the need of picking on things yet again (you seem to enjoy doing that)

Now enough talk of gundogs seeing at this thread is about a toy breed, back to chihuahuas ;-) (---disclaimer for future reference--- which by the way I do not want to own any time soon. Just thought I would ask about them from people that own them because I'm intrigued)
  14. Luke

Luke New Member

I honestly do not know why you have to ebacktrack and re explain things again most of the times you post. Baffles me!
    On topic, there's something about chi's which unnerves me and I'm not sure why!
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    Me neither luke, get sick of repeating myself sometimes, it seems everything I ever post has to have some reference to an older thread. If only I had the time to go back through threads and find out what people said a few years ago and how they may have a different view now, I'm sure there are people that have ;-)

:lol: :lol: at them unerving you. I can honestly say that I've not really seen many chihuahuas about, we had one in at the kennels but he wasn't very nice. Other than that can't remember meeting any when I have been out an about, oh except a woman at ring craft who bred long coated ones. But I prefer short.
  16. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    How can my cute fluffballs un nerve anyone?!
  17. theo&milly

theo&milly

Name:
    Theo&Milly
    My parents have a long coated chi & she's got the personality of a giant breed in a tiny dog. I love her to bits. She's not yappy or nippy either. Also she's very very cute my parents don't treat her like a toy or fashion accessory. I'm always terrified about accidentally touching her eyes for some reason but other than that she's a wonderful dog.
  18. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    They both have 1/3 of a tray of Natures Harvest each, and a few pieces of Arden Grange kibble in a dish next to it :) (per day, split into 2 meals)
  19. TracyKNixon

TracyKNixon New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    I have a tiny chi - smooth coat, fawn! I am debating whether to get another one but I think I would find it hard to carry two everywhere I go. I take my chi everywhere, even shopping and to the hairdressers because she fits in my handbag and no one knows she is there! I am undecided!
  20. Julie

Julie New Member

Name:
    Julie

Betty has a meal of 20g dry food and half a tray of either Caesar or brunos pate plus a kong of hi lights spoil me chicken and beef. Also half a carrot every evening before bed.

She has 3 meals a day.

Also she walks everywhere she would be disgusted to be put in a hand bag picking her up for safety has her very annoyed she likes to be down amongst the leaves and grass and battling her way through the undergrowth.
  21. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    This thread is about 18 months old! I was going to reply when I noticed I already had (last year!)