How many Japense Chins end up in rescue? Questions

Discussion in 'Japanese Chin' started by chaz, Oct 27, 2011.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie

How many Japense Chins end up in rescue?

So in the future I would love a Japenese Chin and or a Chihuahua, although they may be hopeless dreams, IDK, but is there a breed rescue for the JC? Do many get handed in a year? Does anyone have experience with these? With Chis I know I prefer females, but I've not had much experience with the JC, and tbh much of my want for them is because of Mia, a little one eyed princess, she was so small that if you put her into a paddock you had to be sure to only put her in certain ones, as if any dog had even attempted to dig out she could escape, so she could only go into paddocks with concrete under the gates, not stones, she had courage that far outweighed her size, she was one eyed as she started a fight with a Shih Tzu, and when her owners brought her into reception (dogs were not meant to be allowed in reception, but not many took note of the signs) just before asking them to take them out another owner came in with their Rottie :roll:, Rottie had to have a closer look at this little thing and she decided that, even though the head of the other dog was bigger then her whole self, that this was too much of a intrusion on her terrioty, and the bigger dog decided to back off, quickly from this tiny tearaway, when she was on her own though, and wasn't being treated like a doll, or having her own space intrudied like that she was the happiest and cheekiest little dog I've ever known, although she was def a lap dog, and although I want one, it will be way down the line, but I was wondering whether anyone knew the rescue situation with these dogs, but I'm guessing that there aren't many who end up in rescue.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Thanks :mrgreen:, will keep a eye out on that rescue for the future to, coz it wouldn't be right to bring a new dog in now, but they are a dog I would love to own for the future.
  5. pinklizzy

pinklizzy New Member

Name:
    N/A
    I had a Japanese chin, she went to the bridge two years ago today :cry:
    I'm not sure how many come into rescue although we fostered a little boy for a while.
    It was more like having a cat than a dog at times! She spent a lot of time asleep on the back of the sofa and would even wash her little face with her paws! As she got older she refused to go any further than the end of the road for walk but when she was younger she would go for miles if you asked her to-she even climbed the North stacks on Anglesey at the grand old age of 9!
    She could be a bit yappy, particularly if she could see out of any window and forget having ornaments or anything on a window sill as she would knock them off to get to see out :roll:
    She snored like a train and I could've knitted a jumper a day with the hair she shed, it would fall off in tumbleweed clumps as she sat there :lol:
    I miss my darling girl and would love another chinny one day.

[​IMG]

Copying the cat!

[​IMG]
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Aww she's gorgeous, they really are pretty little things, tbh what I do worry about is not being allowed one, I like hounds, and would love a Deerhound again one day, and although I've had hounds with little dogs (not as small as JC's though) I don't know whether a rescue would let me have both, although I would be careful what hounds I have, and would get them gates that have a little door in to allow cats through but not dogs, although don't know if they do the full size door ones of these, to make sure that if I'm in a room I can keep the hounds with me and allow the little dogs a break by going out, or to keep them seperated, and if out would keep them in different rooms and possibly crates, and if room in a garden I would ideally have a dog run (one of the ones that are six foot metal runs with a roof) so that any little dogs can be put into the dog run to play and toilet while being safe from the larger dogs and would walk seperatly etc so I would be careful I do worry about the fact that I'm a hound fan they would cross me off straight away, even though I've got hounds and rabbits, cats and chinchillas in a flat, and the dogs haven't hurt anyone, so hopefully when the times right if I'm honest, and show that I am more then willing to put safety measures in place I wont be disregarded straight away, and incase you haven't noticed I'm someone who likes to have plans in for the future, even though it might be miles in the future :lol:, hopefully one day I will be able to have one of these little dogs though (or maybe more :mrgreen:).
  7. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    I'm kinda the same, always been a lover of large breeds and currently own 2, but would love a Pom or Chi or similar!
  8. Can17

Can17 New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    i love the last photo my dog does that too.:049: :)
  9. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I think it might be good for you to study more of the temperaments of the Chihuahua and Japanese Chin before you do make a decision.

The Chin is a very quiet dog and cat like (soft in every way) where the Chihuahua reacts to many sounds and is a good watch dog. More like the terrier breed than a Chin.

Good Luck, I may be getting a new dog the middle of January, after not having one since June of 2008 so I am getting exciting and really ready...can't believe I waited so long.
  10. alfiebowen100

alfiebowen100 New Member

Name:
    KJ
    Never known any to come into my mates rescue!