How to get them acquainted Questions

Discussion in 'Pekingese' started by Pekingese mom, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Pekingese mom

Pekingese mom New Member

Name:
    Cynthia
    Azz likes this.

How to get them acquainted

I had 3 Pekingese dogs - I just brought home a puppy 10 days ago
    Only one dog is accepting of her . The other two run - and snap at her
    I don't know what to do - it's not getting any better
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Azz likes this.
    It's still early days, make sure the other two has room to escape pup, allow them to make the moves, it will get easier I am sure.
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz likes this.
    Give it time. When I brought Georgina, my Pei puppy home my 5 year old Tibetan Spaniel, Chloe, didn't want anything to do with her. She'd growl if Georgina came anywhere near her, except when puppy was asleep, when she'd try to hump her. This went on for a good two weeks until one afternoon Chloe play bowed in front of the pup and after that I had no more problems!
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    If you have pen/crate then put pup in it this will allow the other dogs to get close to sniff pup without hurting the pup
  6. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's, Azz and CaroleC like this.
    In addition the crate/pen idea, I agree with Jackie - make sure the older two have 'safe places' to escape to. When my youngster came home, my oldest two's safe haven was my bedroom where pup was absolutely not allowed. He also got regular time-outs with a baby gate across the door so my older two could have some 'alone' time and do their own thing without the pup pushing his way in.

For most older dogs they soon learn to adjust, but it's not always an immediate like and can take months for any real positive interactions.