Huskamute? Why? Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by random, Oct 11, 2006.

1. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel

Huskamute? Why?

Saw this advert...

"18month old Huskamute stud dog, pedigree parents, has been studded once and this was successful first time, all puppies sold with ease at £500 each, if bred with Pure sibe or malamute will achieve stunning puppies. He is trick trained and very intelligent he lives outside and if sold/loaned may neogtiate in sale his keenel/run/paddling pool etc, please contact for further information and pictures/videos, a really stunnig dog not to be missed would make a valueable addition to any stud. He is very freindly and has never bitten, he doesnt bark, but can get very giddy as he is still young and exceddingly playful. Home far more important than price and all homes will be vetted before letting dog go. Would much prefer to laon him for 1-2yr to a stud show home but will consdier sale to home with lots of space preferably a farm or similar"

:shock:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    loan? he's not a horse! weeeeeeiiiird

sounds like a real dog lover :roll:
  4. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    This is a very old ad ...... I am curious about the "show home" part????

These dogs are being bred all over and generally do not make great pets but are sold with lies to make people believe they are getting a perfect PUREBRED pet
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I board HUSKAMUTE. As a puupy he looked like a coarse Husky, now matured he looks like a very poor Malamute.
    Dawn.
  6. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I can't understand why people are doing this again. We have Sibes, we have Mals, and now we have NI, and Utes, do we really need a Huskamute?

And this poor dog getting passed around from pillar to post to make babies. :(
  7. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    "perfect PUREBRED "

there is no such thing!! Even a thouroughbred dog can have faults (esp healthwise :roll: )

I can imagine a big bodied mal bred to a husky would make it look like a skinny mal... weird. I can't see it doing anything to help, both similar traits...
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    It is beyond reasonable comprehension! Another money spinner no doubt :-(
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    PUrebred what??? mongrel??

idiots.. I would love to see it at a show!!! exactly WHAT breed class does it go in??
  10. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    I believe the class would be 'Morons who have parted with cash without doing homework on the dog' :evil:
  11. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    hiya i see this to, i was going to post about this last night!
    i dont understand, its just a crossbreed dog, why then cross it with another?!.......crazy!
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    This is all part of the wolf look a like trend, for some reason people like to say they have a wolf cross, as far as I am concerned that is not understandable as I have spent the last 20 years trying to persuade people that my hounds are not wolf crosses. But there we go, will never understand the need for people to use their dogs as status symbols.
  13. zero

zero New Member

I would say it's more part of a trend to make first gen crosses and combine names to make a new silly name...There are many to mention all having nothing to do with a suppossed wolf look a like trend.

If you are buying a first generation cross fine be happy but no need to give them fancy silly names and act like they are an established breed.

Unless there is some sort of structure going into these breedings with aims of a long term breed in mind?
  14. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    I posted that same ad on another forum yesterday. dont agree with crossing two specialsist breeds this way one little bit. A sibes brains mixed with a Mals build and sometimes strong will, asking for trouble!. then when the owner cant cope, niether breed welfare group will take them as belong to niether breed. basically, this person wants someone to take her 'giddy' dog off er hands for a while and make money out of it. Ill take him for a couple of years, train him up, maybe work him, get him neutered and attribute his 'giddiness' to his breed characteristics (whichever of the alleged breeds he belongs to). i certainly will not let him near my Sibes and for this, i will charge the silly numpty £35 a week boarding.:evil:
  15. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Very few organisations will allow you to work such cross breeds, I don't know of any in England who will - the only one I know of is in Scotland.

Unfortunately the main motivation for producing these crosses seems to be money :-( As Bluesandtwos said, neither Sibe Welfare nor Malamute Rescue can take in cross breeds and the people who churn out these crosses certainly don't care about rescuing them :-(
  16. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    we work most of our pack for fun, thats what I ment. sure we have a race team, but the rest of the pack like a go too just for the sheer hell of it and excercise. Only the pregnant, unwell or retired are excused harness duty here :) competative racing classes are limited in terms of non-sled breeds, but some do have a 'other breeds' class. dunno where a cross would sit in terms of ability, sibes are the sprinters, mals the workhorses, guess this poor lad would fall somewhere in between.
  17. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    I have a Huskamute and I assure you, like all crossbreed dogs, if you have a good understanding of both of the breeds in the mix and a willingness to cope with any or all of the best and worst features of both types of dog, you can have a wonderful pet. I wouldn't trade my Huskamute for anything.

I am not some newbie idiot with more money than sense, nor did I buy this dog thinking it was something it wasn't nor was she sold to me as anything other than a beautiful and challenging cross breed dog.

As for the original post, I agree... Very odd to 'lend' a stud dog... But for those who seem to have used this as an opportunity to vent against crossbreed dogs, or their owners... :p Ptttthhhht is my measured and educated reply
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What health tests did your "breeder" do on the parents of your pup magpye?
  19. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    hipscores and eye tests have been done on all four of the 'pure bred' grandparent huskies and malamutes and both parent Huskamutes had hip scores, and clean bills of health from the vet... All puppies came with full puppy pack, first set of injections, worming etc they had vet checks and microchips that not only read their details but also take their temperatures, no more thermometers up the behind! Very sci fi.

Before we took the puppy we visited the litter at home, saw both the parents and were invited to meet and speak to their vet about the litter as well.

I was and still am more than confident about her health and 'pedigree'
  20. deez

deez New Member

Name:
    tina
    oh the poor dog, already sired litter and only 18 months old. and now they re trying to pass him from pillar to post. why do these people have dogs?
  21. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose

exactly what i was thinking:002: