I have just seen... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

I have just seen...

...the most adorable Malinois puppy who wanted petting and gave me kisses. According to the owner, a guy around 30 years old, the pup is two-months-old but that could mean she was 8, 9 or even 10 weeks old and I was surprised at how big she was compared to Tikva. But then I have never owned a large breed dog so have no idea how large a two-month-old pup can be.

I do not know who he was but he had gone to the macolet by foot so probably lives not too far down the road, and the pup followed him - wearing a collar but not on the leash. Never seen either of them before so I do not know.

OK so the pup followed him and only stopped to let me pet her because he stopped - and when I queried why she was not on a leash his response was that she always follows him and comes when he whistles. Maybe now, yes, but I wonder how she will be like when she reaches the Kevin stage!

Ah, but she was so cute and adorable - but I got the stinkeye from Tikva when I came in as she could smell the pup on my hands! Jealous little booga! :044:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    I live in France & the Malinois is a very popular choice.
    They are a large breed dog & seem to make a good family dog
    I smiled when you said how Tikva could smell the pup on you.
    We always get the ‘ stink eye ‘ from Yoji when we have been to our friends house that have dogs
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I usually never touch other dogs, never have since I first started breeding Griffons in another life, just as I never let anyone apart from my children and my mentor touch my puppies. And my then vet of course. Here, because of all the stray/loose/dumped dogs and especially after The Monster came visiting to Pereg.

But this pup was just something different. I was just outside the macolet waiting for someone to move their car blocking the lowered pavement ramp [of course they could/would not see where Hai had marked it off in yellow paint to show it was for wheelies... and she came came out to see me while her owner was just a few metres inside paying for his purchases.

Me being me, always saying hello to small children, just said hello to the pup because she looked such a happy pup - and put a hand out - sniff, lick, took my hand in her mouth [NO pressure and her baby teeth could have really hurt had she bitten down] and was so happy to be petted.

Tikva always took my hand in her mouth when I opened her crate - and she still does every morning. Just as she does when I come in if I have been out. I remember Michal, Ram's assistant vet and Tikki's then primary vet, bring a behaviourist friend round to watch how Tikki used to take my hand, and being told that like a human baby who puts things in their mouth to "learn" what it is, so a puppy sometimes does the same.

But even though Tikva could smell the puppy on my hands, I gave my hands a good wash before toughing her or anything else.

Just in case...