I met a Pug today.. General Chat

Discussion in 'Pug' started by SLB, Oct 15, 2011.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

I met a Pug today..

Same ages as Louie, called Martha.

Now I'm not keen on Pugs - but then most Pug owners don't do them justice; barrelled bodies, never walked.

This one came bounding up to Louie jumped on him and ran away - Louie of course followed thinking it was all great, it was playtime.. so I stood and waited.. and we walked with Martha and her owner.

Now this Pug had something special - Louie was doing his great hunting thing - bounding in the woodland etc.. Martha was following - keeping up with him. As I and Martha's owner got talking I found out that her FiL own a Door Spring as she put it (Why didn't I ever think about that) anyway the same cross as Louie.. It turns out that this little Pug can retrieve pigeons and has been beating with them before..

She has changed my perception of Pugs and I think later on in life I may think about one myself.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Rookgeordiegirl

Rookgeordiegirl New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    Pugs really are cracking little dogs(as long as you can copr with the snoring and farting:roll: ) our old boy still thinks he is a collie and will retrieve anything:grin:
  4. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    See I've only ever see the ones that are carried or pushed around in prams and that wear stupid outfits that are quite fat and can't breathe properly at all so they're grunting all the time and when they do walk they don't go far - but this one - jeez she was crazy! I rather liked it.. I don't know what Louie thought though - he pretty much ignored her bounding along side him..
  5. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I think all pugs start out crazy as a box of frogs, they are a bit manic as pups and will run and play constantly, mine is always enticing the others to play, she loves playing tug with my staffie and my Dobermanns. She loves her walks and will happily chase and retrieve. I think a lot of people get them thinking they are lap dogs who just want to cuddle and get a bit of a shock when they realise how energetic they are.
  6. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I suppose I have the same impression as the ones we see are usually at the seaside, with old ladies so - stereotyping *bad Aimee*
  7. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    We sometimes come across a couple of them on our Sutton walk i like them :) small dogs with a big personality, They are let on the floor and interact well with other dogs and people,
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  8. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    I'm not a little dog fan normally, but I make an exception for pugs, French bulldogs and Tibetan spaniels. When I'm old and too knackered to have a big dog (about 5 years time I think :lol: ), I'd be happy with any one of those. But they would be treated like a normal dog, not a fashion accessory. I don't know how pugs manage to contain so much character in that small body.
  9. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I like Pugs too - they seem to have lots of similar characteristics to the Frenchie. They are real cuties and seem to have bags of personality.:grin:
  10. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I like pugs personalitys, they are such cheeky things, one of the members of staff has a pug cross, very pug, looks like a pug but a bit larger with a longer muzzle, cheeky thing, if your doing something she will sit quietly behind you, and has a certain amount of time your allowed to ignore her before you feel a tapping at the bottom of your legs as she's tapping you with her paw, the only thing is that she is naughty, well the ring leader, she encourages the border collie and spaniel cross to do something and will then sit back and watch the mayhem ensue.
  11. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    OMG, that sounds like Lola to the letter! She does that paw tap thing too, especially when she wants me to uncross my feet to let her lie across them instead:mrgreen:

She is also the ringleader for getting up to mischief too, I tell you Pugs certainly seem very similar in nature to her, no wonder I'm drawn to them:grin:
  12. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    So you gonna end up with a Pug a Frenchie and a Rottie before long are you ;) although with how cheeky Pugs are, and Frenchies to I think that the two little dogs would take up more time and attention then three Rotties at least :lol:
  13. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    There is a lady round the corner from me that has a little black Pug who is a real character. Cherry always liked to meet this little dog. It is quite lardy though and the owner said it was getting fat.

On the negative side you need to have good insurance or a lot of money as there were always Pugs in the waiting room when we went to Newmarket AHT. The vets there said they pay for their pensions as they can have so many inherited diseases/illnesses!
  14. kammi_sparky123

kammi_sparky123 New Member

Name:
    I felt exactly the same!

Where I used to work was out in the woods and I remember seeing a lady walking 5 black pugs, all with different coloured harnesses on :lol: and I do remember thinking to myself that I would never own a pug...

And then I actually met one :shock:

I met Rupert, he was 16 weeks old, and he was literally an epic dog :lol: from then on a pug has been firmly placed in my list of dogs I wish to own! :D
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i love pugs :mrgreen: it was a toss up between the pug and the cresteds when i got my dogs, and i will have a pug one day :mrgreen: i think they are great little characters and they do the whole big dog in a little body like the cresteds do. i always go and watch them and have pug squishys when i go to shows. im determined to have one one day, even found my breeder that im going to go to :lol: :lol:
  16. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    How could anyone not want one of these sitting on the back of the sofa and snoring down your ear throughout your favourite tv programmes :roll::lol:
    [​IMG]
  17. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i want i want i want!! :lol:
  18. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Syd will pack her bags for her, She uses his ribcage as a springboard when he's asleep in front of the sofa and by the time he's woke up and realised what she's done she's up on her perch looking as if butter wouldn't melt :lol:
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    haha awww :lol: :lol: im going to see loads of squishy pugs tomorrow... may sneak one home with me :lol:
  20. kitkatkathy

kitkatkathy New Member

Name:
    Kathy
    I always used to think pugs were really ugly dogs, but funnily enough, I started to like them after watching men and black! The talking pug on that was hilarious, since then I see them as cute (still ugly) little funny dogs x3
  21. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    I think they are lovely little dogs, when they are allowed to stay dogs, and not turn in to children!